• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Knotts show back at Knotts

I don't know who runs FFF, but if it is the same people that control their Facebook page they definitely need to be replaced. They are unprofessional at best and actually do their best to ridicule folks when real criticism was sent their way concerning the change of venue last year and the new date this year. Just because the weather is good in LA the second week of January doesn't mean it is good all over the rest of the country, not to mention it was to be held two weeks after the holidays? Lack of brains and the ability to think coherently seem to be their strong suit!

It is a shame as I always enjoyed the event. Time to put together something different for our group!
Well stated. You should convey the message to them. They seem to be blind to their stupidity. Including already posting it as being the last show when they posted the new date.

You guys hit it on the head. It's run by a bunch of little ford car clubs in the area. They decided to change up the leadership a few years ago and it was for the better. Running this car show is a fulltime job from January to April. You are spending a lot of extra time for permits and making everyone happy. Leadership is probably burned out.

Also you need to have new people get involved in running the show. It was always hard to get volunteers for the show. There is always drama between the older folks and the younger folks because some people don't like change.

Speaking from experience and having put on a car show with about 100 cars in the show field was an endeavor with many moving parts. If I am not mistaken, the organizing group for Knott's was a consortium of multiple Ford clubs in the So Cal area. I surmise that egos, politics, control, and jockeying for power plays a role in the organizational structure of such an ambitious event. Coupled with an abundance of unsolicited opinions and a drought of volunteers is the perfect recipe for insanity! Perhaps new blood with a new perspective and a different structure might make a difference in the future. In the mean time, maybe its time to resuscitate MITM (Meet in the Middle) in Pismo Beach during car show season there.

In the mean time, Knott's at Knott's pre-2018 was an enjoyable event but mostly because we all got to hang out and enjoy the company of one another at least once per year.

Speaking from experience and having put on a car show with about 100 cars in the show field was an endeavor with many moving parts. If I am not mistaken, the organizing group for Knott's was a consortium of multiple Ford clubs in the So Cal area. I surmise that egos, politics, control, and jockeying for power plays a role in the organizational structure of such an ambitious event. Coupled with an abundance of unsolicited opinions and a drought of volunteers is the perfect recipe for insanity! Perhaps new blood with a new perspective and a different structure might make a difference in the future. In the mean time, maybe its time to resuscitate MITM (Meet in the Middle) in Pismo Beach during car show season there.

In the mean time, Knott's at Knott's pre-2018 was an enjoyable event but mostly because we all got to hang out and enjoy the company of one another at least once per year.
I agree Jeff. I think the MITM would be awesome.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mmmmm...MITM......only IF someone shows up from the south of the middle. Hint, hint.

I am all about a MITM, even if it is not technically the middle. Hard to beat Pismo as a good place to hang out for a weekend!

Pismo would be awesome. I would consider the drive if I could swing it. I was just looking at teh Morro Bay car show not too long ago, which looks AWESOME, but its three day event starting friday so I would have to take two days off work.

Back