• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just officially set my retirement date.

The day will come when you WON'T know what day it is. Retirement is fun.
I only know what day it is in the morning when I open my weekly pill container. I took out Fridays pills this morning, so today must be Friday. ;)

fd

Congratulations!!!!Know few people that are retiring in my industry. I’m already getting asked if I want to a management position when one guy retires.

Well plans change. My wife's bone cancer has progressed to the point that they want to do a bone transplant but think she is too frail. They do not think she would survive the procedure. Going to talk to the work boss this afternoon. I might be retired as of now. I want to spend any time left with Julie.

So sorry things are going this way, John. Sounds like you are making the right choices. Prayers for Julie and you.

Sorry to hear that John.

We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Work Boss told me to take as much time as I want. He told me he does not want to lose me so keep the option open to coming back. I can work as little as I want, work remote, do support, etc.

A lot to think about.

This morning took just over half of my herd of cattle to the sale barn to reduce the amount of work that they are. The market for selling is crazy high right now, almost double this time last year.

Then my Mom (89) took a fall while I was out with the last load of cows. When it rains, it pours.

only 180 days to go. Things took a little turn, I am getting my right knee replace July 11th. Hopefully I will regain some of the mobility that I have lost over the last coule years.

In May we moved my Mom to assisted living because of the frailness and dementia.

It has been a busy year with little time for the Mustang.

only 180 days to go. Things took a little turn, I am getting my right knee replace July 11th. Hopefully I will regain some of the mobility that I have lost over the last coule years.

In May we moved my Mom to assisted living because of the frailness and dementia.

It has been a busy year with little time for the Mustang.
Congrat's John ! You deserve it. ! Can't wait until I can say the same.

One step at a time. And make it count...enjoy this time no matter the scenario.

Congrats John, I know you have had a lot to deal with over the last couple of years, hopefully you will enjoy a nice long, healthy retirement. I am struggling with picking a date, seems now that it is getting closer it is one of the harder things to do in life!

Instead of picking a retirement date set a date to start the next chapter in your work life. I can't imagine ever not working. Even with plenty of projects and stuff to keep me busy. I'd actually miss "work" too much. My goal is to finally start a business of my own, built with next generations family, that with time could be passed along. Not having to rely on it becoming quickly profitable should enable its growth be otherwise strategically orchestrated for long term sustainability. Or I could just be a Walmart greeter! :p

Instead of picking a retirement date set a date to start the next chapter in your work life. I can't imagine ever not working. Even with plenty of projects and stuff to keep me busy. I'd actually miss "work" too much. My goal is to finally start a business of my own, built with next generations family, that with time could be passed along. Not having to rely on it becoming quickly profitable should enable its growth be otherwise strategically orchestrated for long term sustainability. Or I could just be a Walmart greeter! :p
I have more projects left to accomplish at home than I have life left! I am not one that will need work to keep me busy; my cars, motorcycles, house, yard and travel will do a fine job with that. I could walk away from my job today and never look back, with the huge exception that my son works for me here at the railroad. I have enjoyed our time working together and would hate to see that end. I now understand why men have such an issue with work coming to an end.

... I am struggling with picking a date, seems now that it is getting closer it is one of the harder things to do in life!

It took me over a year to pick a date. The thought of of no longer getting a paycheck was the scariest thing to get over.

I drove the Mustang today because it will be at least 2 months before I can drive it again with the knee replacement. I also need my knee to be well enough for the first weekend of deer season on Nov. 2nd.

I have more projects left to accomplish at home than I have life left! I am not one that will need work to keep me busy; my cars, motorcycles, house, yard and travel will do a fine job with that. I could walk away from my job today and never look back, with the huge exception that my son works for me here at the railroad. I have enjoyed our time working together and would hate to see that end. I now understand why men have such an issue with work coming to an end.

Just imagine if you also had 72 acres like I do that need you attention. I have a lot of fencing that needs to be replaced.

Anyone want to give me a hand?

Back