• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

January/February 2012 COTM Poll

Who is going to win January (now February) 2012 Car Of The Month?

• Laurie_S

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • 69mstng

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Blazinmustang

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • SacBill

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • BeachPony

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters
Re: January 2012 COTM Poll

"Fast68back" said:
Its in the works folks

683-161211101333.jpeg

Thanks Kat!
That is AWESOME.......Sam would be Proud.

Re: Who is going to win January (now February) 2012 Car Of The Month?

OK. I've extended the voting period to the end of January and the winner will win the February COTM.

Just thinking out loud....but would it be possible to put that very fitting tribute to Sam on a shirt or a card (like a 8x10) for his fellow 'Fixers to purchase and send all the proceeds to his family ?? I'm sure we would all want a few. Just asking.

"70 StangMan" said:
Just thinking out loud....but would it be possible to put that very fitting tribute to Sam on a shirt or a card (like a 8x10) for his fellow 'Fixers to purchase and send all the proceeds to his family ?? I'm sure we would all want a few. Just asking.

I'm up for that.

I'm also up for amassing regular donations and sending it in a lump sum to his wife.

Sam's car will be the January COTM and we will incorporate the tribute into that.

Kat did a wonderful job with what she put together and we greatly appreciate her taking the time to do it.. I'll be working with her based on what she has already done.

The construction of the new header makes it a little trickier to work with. The basic header you see repeated every month is static and the inserts, text and cars are layers.

I just got home late last night from a cruise with my wife for our impending 25th wedding anniversary. As much as I want to I can't commit the proper amount of time to it at the moment.

We'll have a sample ready this weekend.

January 2012 COTM Poll

"70 StangMan" said:

We could check with a site like cafe press that will print tshirts, etc on demand/order. We probably want to check with his family as well before we do.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.873761,-97.084628

I think his family needs moral support more than monetary support. Don't hate me. Not trying to sound mean :hide but his wife will receive a large amount of money (SGLI aka military life insurance which last I recall is $400,000) and some of his burial cost is covered by the military if buried in a family picked cemetery, or free if he is buried in a national cemetery. I think there's also the death gratuity, a one time payment of $100,000 (tax free) on top of the SGLI.

I also believe she continues to receive his base pay...............but none of it brings him back and a monetary support from a site like this shows a group support of her overall situation.

"AzPete" said:
...............but none of it brings him back and a monetary support from a site like this shows a group support of her overall situation.
Amen

Damn Sam,
Why did you have to leave us like this? We ache for your family.

Great idea for the car of the month tribute to Sam. I hope we as a community CAN find a way to help his children out somehow. It would be great if we can.

January 2012 COTM Poll

I'm in for a donation it isn't the money it's the idea that he was special to us well miss him and want to show our respect.

I would make a donation too. It's not the money, its the gesture that I think counts.

My friend who lost her husband to a war related injury suggested writing notes to his family about Sam.
They may not be able to read them now, too painful. But in the future reading about him from people who knew and cared about him or even just had interactions would be appreciated.

Maybe the threads about him can be printed into a scrapbook for his family.

J.

Nice idea....

Reading about these happenings brings back all the past memories of others I have known that have given their all for our country. Some have been very close so I have memories of what the families go thru. Having been there when a fellow military member died and also being involved with families when they were told of a death, I will say that showing support is the best.

So many times a spouse has no time to allow for their own release of the anger and hurt that they bottle inside for the protection of the kids. The kids always need a strong support so it wears on the remaining spouse. I just hope Sam's wife has someone who can take the kids for a day away from things and still have someone else to stand by and allow her to have her time to be mad and sad over the past events.

This is a totally different type loss than anything else. Military members know it could happen, talk about it happening, but never really expect it but when it does, there are so many thoughts about what is right and wrong in their choice of careers. It is important for Sam's spouse to hear that he was happy doing what he did and had no regrets. That is the way he presented himself around here. I don't remember him complaining about doing his duty other than missing the family.

My eyes fill with tears for Sam's family every time I read this post.....and I keep coming back to read more....

With all of the wonderful suggestions mentioned for Sam, and there have been many, count me in! I'd also suggest making an individual "sticky" on the main page for whatever is decided upon. It can be titled "Sigtauenus Memorial" or "Sam "Sigtauenus"Griffith" Memorial". That way all members can find it easier than sifting through the various threads. Just a thought.

Back