• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I've been thinking about offering framing services...

blu67

What do you guys think?
Some people have asked about it in the past but I never really thought much about it.
A handful of frames and mat choices to choose from so it can go right up on the wall when the customer gets it.
Just a thought.
Let me know!
THX

For distant gift givers it makes a lot of sense. It will add quite a bit to the cost of shipping though. That might scare some buyers off the idea.

Custom matting would help sell the idea if you really wanted to get customers to go this route. I could see having "stock" style Ford, Chevy, etc. designs. Lots of people have no real idea of the ease or cost of this stuff so you could add some profit dollars to your sales this way.

In your shoes, I might offer it but simply buy the material to frame it after receiving the order. You may want to make a visit to your local UPS type store and get a cost estimate together for the packaging and a finished parcel weight. Then you could quote it from there based on zipcode.

Personally, I would not want it framed and matted. Why? The mat and frame colors may not match the decor of the wall. Most people select the frame style and mat colors to fit their particular needs.

JMHO.

"blu67" said:
What do you guys think?
Some people have asked about it in the past but I never really thought much about it.
A handful of frames and mat choices to choose from so it can go right up on the wall when the customer gets it.
Just a thought.
Let me know!
THX

No matter what type and color you offer, there will always be people that want what you don't have and then bitch about. Luckily most of "those people" live in Floor-a-duh.

Three tiers of service

Poster Framed good value add
Matted and semi-pro framed better value add
Museum preservation mounting and uber deluxe frame exceptional value add

You might be able to work a 'deal' with a local framing house if you keep them busy enough to give you a good deal and get a little markup on it as well.

These are in a simple off the shelf frames and off the shelf mat from Micheal's

DSC09963.JPG

And I still look at them every day I like more and more.
I will say though...you will have to put some thought into a remake of the white one into a green one since it is at the shop getting painted....but I want to keep the white version on the wall as well. I was thinking maybe a front and back shot with a pony logo to hang below splitting the dif between the center and far right ;)

This is exactly my thought too.
It seems so personal according to their decor but perhaps there can be a decent available selection to meet the average Joe wanting a framed rendering. Black, light wood, dark wood, metal, etc.
Just a thought to see if "finishing" an illustration for some would be a good idea to offer.
I guess I should look into the offerings out there and see what's what...

Back