• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I HATE FedEx

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
So caught a sweet deal on some wheels and tires for the F1. JEG'S had a sale price on the rear wheels and price matched the tires so I bought from them as they would mount 'em too. Might be only the second time I ever bought anything from them. Nothing against them, Summit is just closer and always has whatever I need. Anyway, took them a couple days to mount the tires and they shipped out via FedEx. Here's where it goes off the rails. They shipped on Feb 3rd, day of that big snowstorm across the Midwest and later into the NE. Almost immediately the two tracking numbers (1 for each wheel) start providing different info. Then they both disappeared for a day. Two days after shipment from OH, they show arriving in Indy. One gives a promise date for delivery at this point a couple days out. The other says its "pending". Uh oh. Next day a Fed Ex truck pulls up and I see a guy struggling to carry a big fat wheel up to my door. I step out to greet him and we're chatting as he sets down the wheel and heads back to the truck. I follow planning on saving him the trip and bringing number two up myself. He catches on and says "That's all I got. Just the one". SOB

So, I put it away in the garage and go back to what I was doing. Check the tracking for the second wheel and see no change. Last seen in Indy, delivery date pending. On Monday I call FedEx. I'm told lots of issues due to the storm should get straightened out that day. It doesn't. Same status on Tuesday. And Wednesday. I call again and get a lost shipment case going. I then call Jeg's and advise them of the problem. They say they'll look into it. Nothing new on Thursday. Call FedEx as they haven't called me. They say to wait until the 14th and see what happens. Call Jeg's, they say they couldn't get anywhere on it. Not to worry, they will enter a new order for a replacement wheel and tire. The kicker, now both are out of stock and not expected in until, wait for it, at least the end of March but likely more like early April. Making matters even more infuriating was the lady's attitude at Jeg's. No "I'm really sorry this happened" or "I feel your frustration...". She did say I could always cancel and they would refund my money. Big of 'em.

I checked with everyone around the country and no one has the rim I need in stock. So here I sit with one wheel and a couple months wait for it's partner.

And before anyone says it, no the truck isn't running yet but I really wanted the actual wheels to help set the suspension up correctly. You can't trust dimensions off a website to be as close as I want for aligning link bars, etc. Clearances are tight all over in the back and having actual tires in place would make it a lot easier. At least I have one I can use for mocking and measuring but its still a PITA to put on and off, side to side.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have a customer's package waylaid by UPS since Feb. 11. They found it in KY, but they claim it is now on its way.
I have a box arriving in Tucson via USPS, here since last Friday (Feb. 5). For some reason, they simply can't find it to put it on a truck.

It's not FedEx, but every shipping service is slowing down.

Every thing I've ordered in the past 3 or so months has taken days, sometime weeks, longer to show up. I waited for usps to deliver a set of banjo bolts for a damned month and a half. The second set I ordered showed up before the first set. Seems every package that goes through Memphis, just disappears for a while.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If I had my choice I would never ship by FedEx ever again. They continue to “lose” packages left and right. Over the last few months it has taken up to 3 weeks to receive packages shipped from the middle of the country.

I was supposed to receive some parts today that shipped from Texas. They are currently in Memphis. I guess that is the new short cut to California!

I get there are delays everywhere. I have stuff delivered here to the home virtually daily via all of the primary carriers and Amazon trucks. UPS and USPS are almost like clockwork. Not only do they arrive on schedule but I can almost set a watch by the driver arrival time each day. I get weather delays too. What I don't get is how you lose an enormous freaking wheel! Not only is it big, its a wheel not a box. Visually, it can be spotted from across a 100,000 sqft warehouse!
I hope it shows up but really doubt it. They gave up on it themselves. The way it was packaged (a piece of cardboard on either side covering the rim and then strapped a few times with loose plastic strapping) I'm sure it all came apart and the identifying tag on the cardboard separated from the wheel. Smart money says some FedEx guy just got a free $500 wheel!

First I can't believe you have good luck with USPS!
They have to be the worst. Speaking of tires, I almost feel bad for my UPS guy. I ordered a set of 5 mounted 35"s and suspension mods for my Jeep and he gets to deliver them. Thankfully I was home for both so I helped him get them off the truck.
But with the increased frequency of the deterioration of the shipping industry, what did you think was going to happen? Couple the pandemic with increasing laziness, and you burden operations that will hire most anyone. I see people delivering Amazon with personal cars like its fucking Grubhub or something. Thanks god I got a ring doorbell so all these idiots can drop a package on my porch, take a picture and enter it in their system without ever ringing my doorbell. I'm home asshole.
And for Jegs, pleasant customer service is a not a guarantee from anyone any more. At least she said she would cancel and refund. They could have said it's a shipping issue and make a FedEx claim, "would you like to order another just in case." If I have an issue with a company or service, I just expect a resolution. If I get that resolution AND a pleasant disposition, I play the lotto and tip my next waitress an extra %5

I had lawnmower parts get sent back tot he vendor 3 times because the stupid UPS driver said my house didn't exist. Meanwhile, they were delivering other packages. The last time we tracked the driver using the app and called the second he was driving away. Those dumbasses still said there was nothing they could do as it was already on its way back. I verbally abused several of their employees over the next few days.

Incompetence rains supreme across the human spectrum. It doesn't matter what carrier, job, or profession. For instance, I recently received four Esco jack stands from Amazon. They were shipped inside two Amazon boxes. Inside those boxes were 3 boxes by Esco and one oddball box. It was obviously a damaged jack stand that had been returned, but instead of actually returning it to Esco, they shipped it to me. Here's what it looked like right out of the box:
Esco jack stand.jpg

FedEx is amazing....my part got from Memphis to Modesto overnight, by ground! How can they not keep track of their packages?

Well keep waiting. Anything in Memphis is going to be late. We about to get a whole bunch of snow and ice.

Only thing more frustrating than shipping dates is the variance in shipping costs. I just ordered a $45 lift post for a Ben Pierson lift and the next day air price was $130. Ordered from Ohio, I think , on Thursday and it didn’t arrive on Friday. Got to love the fact there is no refund for not arriving on time.

I needed a fuel pump a while back and ordered one out of a place Florida. Specifically because I've gotten some other stuff from the same area and it tends to come straight to my local hub from there. Not this time. At least I had decent tracking, can't say THAT about USPS. So it went 500 miles from FL straight North as planned. I was gold and ready to put the pump (my RV) the next day. Nope. 500 miles further north by northwest to Indianapolis. I was about to come unglued. Then from there back my local hub and to me. Why? How? What the hell? Who knows? To my amazement the part was still delivered by the promised time. Have to give them that. But had they not detoured it I bet I could have had it in my hands a day early.

If that was my worst story about shipping my life would be golden. It's just the first to come to mind and most recent with FedEx in particular. I figured out the Memphis hub deal years ago, they want to run everything through there it seems. But what's up with Indianapolis? It's a new one on me and has stuck with me as puzzling.

Only thing more frustrating than shipping dates is the variance in shipping costs. I just ordered a $45 lift post for a Ben Pierson lift and the next day air price was $130. Ordered from Ohio, I think , on Thursday and it didn’t arrive on Friday. Got to love the fact there is no refund for not arriving on time.
Learned my lesson on NDA charges a long time ago. We ship stuff via UPS Red all the time at work for samples and trials etc. and the percentage that don't show next day or the ones we pay for early am service that don't show until late afternoon or even next day is really bad. Know that even large companies get screwed over this way by those guys.

One day I will learn to keep my mouth shut. A few weeks ago I mouthed off about how we hadn't really had any measurable snow this winter. Since then it has snowed damn near every day. Next, I post here bitching about FedEx but complimenting the USPS. Idiot. Now, I've got two missing shipments since the wheel fiasco both of which were lost by the damn mail service.

So today's conundrum. I intend to order the blower for the flathead build today. Who the hell do I trust to deliver it?!

One day I will learn to keep my mouth shut. A few weeks ago I mouthed off about how we hadn't really had any measurable snow this winter. Since then it has snowed damn near every day. Next, I post here bitching about FedEx but complimenting the USPS. Idiot. Now, I've got two missing shipments since the wheel fiasco both of which were lost by the damn mail service.

So today's conundrum. I intend to order the blower for the flathead build today. Who the hell do I trust to deliver it?!
First, you should not have even mentioned the blower, based on your current history you jinxed it. As for delivery services, I would go with UPS. Lately they seem to be the best of the bunch. During the holiday season FedEx would just toss my packages anywhere. The UPS guy would make sure his packages were insight of our Ring camera and even go as far as grabbing all the FedEx packages and placing them in view as well. That is a good driver!

Pony Express

Well, its been ordered. UPS for the win, I hope. Maybe my luck is changing as one of the lost USPS packages arrived a few minutes ago.

Wife's valentine's day gifts are still in FedEx limbo. Ordered them on the 11th and only had to come from Kentucky.

You can't make this shit up. Been tracking the shipment of the new blower since Monday. Everything looking good all week to deliver as promised today. Arrived into the area early yesterday evening. Put on a truck this morning and listed as "Out for Delivery" today. UPS truck shows up on time as regular late morning. I'm on the phone but go check the porch a few minutes later. A couple packages...not the one I am looking for most. Hmmm. I've had multiple truck deliveries in the past so maybe that's the case here. Come 4 o'clock and still nothing. Plug in the tracking number on the UPS site and now it says on schedule for Monday delivery. Are you freaking kidding me! After an original promise date of today (Friday) tracking that way all week and now miraculously they claim Monday. SOB. This is how things turn up lost. Been there done that. Scanned onto a truck for delivery that never happens but now its somehow back in transit for delivery on Monday. Wanna bet it will end up being a race between the wheel and this blower to see which can take the longest to reach me?

Back