• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I hate cheaters

Tim, the "old fashioned' way to enhance juniors chances of getting into a particular school was to donate a new building on campus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got 2 in college now and I'm trying to keep mu head above water so they don't have loans. And mine were rejected from a few schools even with respectable 27 on her SAT. Typical bullshit

27 ACT. SAT equivalent would be around 1300 Those are 85-87th percentile. Well done!

Elizabeth (Dances with Donkeys) Warren said she has ZERO compassion for those that cheated to get into college.

The irony was apparently lost on little einstein.

Mark

My grandson had a 33 SAT and 4.3 (I believe) GPA. Turned down by Sanford, UCLA and Vandy. Getting enough scholarship To pay for everthing at UT

I'm a grad student at Uni of SoCal (USC) and the long-standing truism is that high standardized test scores and high GPA are simply a foundational item for competitive school applications. Your extra-curricular activates, demonstrated leadership, and personality all have equal or stronger impact on acceptance. Additionally, completing two-years in a community college and then transferring to a university is a MUCH easier way to gain acceptance while reducing costs; my wife and I both followed this path. As was mentioned also, comparing school funding options is also quite important and offerings can vary widely so it's wise to apply to 3-5 schools.

Also, don't buy into the media hype that all schools are liberal echo-chambers. I'm a US Army veteran, completed my undergrad in Tennessee, and now being at USC for a couple years I can say both campuses have offered open-minded professors, administration, and students. Additionally, I've worked with students at Stanford, UC Berkeley, UC Los Angeles, Vanderbilt, and a few others and all those students have been open-minded. My experiences are obviously only a sample and they've all been focused in engineering, finance, or business departments but the snowflake examples I've seen in the media seem to be rare instances.

Welcome to Stangfix.

As a native Californian, I sometimes get a bit grouchy when some folks with little to no actual personal experience have no difficulty bashing the Golden State, its residents, or some of our outstanding institutions, including USC. It pleases me to see that your actual experiences here are of the "real" California and that they appear to have been largely positive. Best of luck on your continuing journey through higher education.

USC Ready To Take Action Against Lori Loughlin’s Daughter Olivia Jade, Other Students In College Bribery Scandal

USC released the following statement:

“Applicants in the current admissions cycle who are connected to the scheme alleged by the government will be denied admission to USC. We are going to conduct a case-by-case review for current students and graduates that may be connected to the scheme alleged by the government. We will make informed, appropriate decisions once those reviews have been completed. Some of these individuals may have been minors at the time of their application process.”
USC Puts Hold On Students Linked To College Admissions Scandal

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — USC has placed holds on the accounts of students caught at the center of the college admissions scandal.

The university announced Monday night that it is reviewing the cases of students possibly tied to the wide-reaching college admissions bribery scheme that led to the arrests of several college officials across the country and dozens of wealthy parents.

The hold prevents students from registering for classes and requesting transcripts. USC said that the students could be expelled, but did not specify how many current students are being investigated.

I also heard on the news that USC is considering revoking the degrees of those already graduated but "cheated" getting accepted. I say karma. Yes the kids will suffer, but please they knew what was going on, and the parents even more because of the guilt they will have to live with.

fd

My grandson had a 33 SAT and 4.3 (I believe) GPA. Turned down by Sanford, UCLA and Vandy. Getting enough scholarship To pay for everthing at UT

I had a 26 and 3.8 GPA in high school and was accepted into Vandy. Never ended up going because I was a Ky state governors scholar and got better offers in-state. Like posted, it’s about more than scores anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it be “egregious behavior” if I went to the Ferrari dealer and just took a 488?

Something inside tells me I’d be meeting my new best friend Bubba.

Mark

You guys are going to love this idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As if the 1% and the .1% didn't already have enough sway in the world, the recent indictments of "rich people" with charges of using their big money to influence a crooked college system of corrupt test takers and corrupt university-side administrators and coaches to get their kids into the best American universities really takes the cake. Based on the fairy tale that no one is above the law, I am surprised the prosecutors actually charged all these very rich influential celebrities, millionaires and power brokers. I am sure this is the only time this has happened at the U.S.'s elite schools in the 240 year history of the United States (tongue in cheek). But what should we do about it going forward?

The problem I see is their is no transparency for the rich people participating in this scam. In one case, actress Felicity Huffman paid $15,000 to a test proctor to change the answers to an entrance test taken by her daughter to get a hire score. In another case, actress Lori Laughlin paid $500,000 to influence college administrators to get her daughter into USC. Why the difference? Its just not fair to Laughlin that she has to pay $485,000 more than Huffman. I say that this whole thing should come out into the open. It should more like the congress created EB-5 visa program whereby foreigners (usually China, Hong Kong or India) can jump the immigration line and "buy" their way into the U.S. by investing $500,000 in the United States. However this program also has its flaws. The EB-5 program is designed to preserve the 1% by helping millionaires outside the country to invest with millionaires inside the country but it caps the entrance fee at half a million. I don't think this shows much commitment to America.

In the university case I suggest that America's elite universities cut out the middle man and bring this process into the sun by setting aside 50 spots in every incoming freshman class only for celebrities, millionaires and billionaires. Then once a year these well healed families could bid on the spots with the highest bids getting a spot in the incoming freshman class for their deserving kids. No special entrance tests or SAT's would be required. By making the process legal then they would side step the FBI, IRS, U.S. Attorney, and no secret talking on the phone or delivering paper bags full of money. This kind of process could solve the unfortunate thing that happened to Lori Laughlin versus Felicity Huffman as described above. The money generated by this system could then be used to help kids from low income back grounds or kids who would be the first time college graduate in their families who got in the "old-fashion" way, they studied hard. Thereby the cost of low income students to the university would be paid for by millionaires and billionaires and not tax payers.

What do you all think? Lets stop the "Laughlin Penalty" and come up with a fair process for our 1 per centers. They deserve some help. Don't you think?

You guys are going to love this idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As if the 1% and the .1% didn't already have enough sway in the world, the recent indictments of "rich people" with charges of using their big money to influence a crooked college system of corrupt test takers and corrupt university-side administrators and coaches to get their kids into the best American universities really takes the cake. Based on the fairy tale that no one is above the law, I am surprised the prosecutors actually charged all these very rich influential celebrities, millionaires and power brokers. I am sure this is the only time this has happened at the U.S.'s elite schools in the 240 year history of the United States (tongue in cheek). But what should we do about it going forward?

The problem I see is their is no transparency for the rich people participating in this scam. In one case, actress Felicity Huffman paid $15,000 to a test proctor to change the answers to an entrance test taken by her daughter to get a hire score. In another case, actress Lori Laughlin paid $500,000 to influence college administrators to get her daughter into USC. Why the difference? Its just not fair to Laughlin that she has to pay $485,000 more than Huffman. I say that this whole thing should come out into the open. It should more like the congress created EB-5 visa program whereby foreigners (usually China, Hong Kong or India) can jump the immigration line and "buy" their way into the U.S. by investing $500,000 in the United States. However this program also has its flaws. The EB-5 program is designed to preserve the 1% by helping millionaires outside the country to invest with millionaires inside the country but it caps the entrance fee at half a million. I don't think this shows much commitment to America.

In the university case I suggest that America's elite universities cut out the middle man and bring this process into the sun by setting aside 50 spots in every incoming freshman class only for celebrities, millionaires and billionaires. Then once a year these well healed families could bid on the spots with the highest bids getting a spot in the incoming freshman class for their deserving kids. No special entrance tests or SAT's would be required. By making the process legal then they would side step the FBI, IRS, U.S. Attorney, and no secret talking on the phone or delivering paper bags full of money. This kind of process could solve the unfortunate thing that happened to Lori Laughlin versus Felicity Huffman as described above. The money generated by this system could then be used to help kids from low income back grounds or kids who would be the first time college graduate in their families who got in the "old-fashion" way, they studied hard. Thereby the cost of low income students to the university would be paid for by millionaires and billionaires and not tax payers.

What do you all think? Lets stop the "Laughlin Penalty" and come up with a fair process for our 1 per centers. They deserve some help. Don't you think?
Not a bad idea at all. Jeff: you need to run for political office!

Sure, but they cannot attend class. Why take up space and waste professors time. Just give them a degree with an * (asterisk) on it. Like barry bonds, mark mcguire and sammy sosa on their home run records. {.}

fd

Back