• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello from a Newbie

bigb427

Howdy all! It's not my first post, but I figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Bernie and I found my way here from that 3 letter site. I post occasionally there and on other Ford/Mustang related forums.

I am currently Mustang-less, but am looking for a nice 69 SCJ 4-speed Mach 1.

My most recent Mustangs were a 69 GT500 convertible project car, and a 2005 GT. I also owned a 69 Boss 429 for a few years, a 67 GT500 for almost 20 years that I restored from the ground up, and my first Mustang was a 69 Mach 1 a 428CJ. I also owned a 86 GT, and a 89 Saleen convertible that I bought new.

I like the laid back atmosphere here and look forward to hearing from you all.

BTW, I'm a Ford Technician by day, so if I can answer any late model Ford technical questions, I'd be more than happy to!

Welcome Bernie. You've had an impressive stable of Stangs! You are looking for my dream car, a 69 SCJ Mach! I was a Ford Tech for about 3 years before quitting to open my own repair shop.

Thanks for the nice greetings!

That's the engine from my old 67 GT500 #0784, a 427 medium riser with Weber induction. I restored the car from the ground up doing most everything except the body work. I sadly sold it during the height of the Eleanor craze, I got an offer I couldn't refuse.

Since everyone enjoys pictures here, here's one of the car:

100_0124.jpg

WOW, that is sweet. I would hate to have sold that too but I know they fetch crazy money. Of course I could have never had one to sell anyway, I'll never be able to afford a real one but I sure love seeing them. Thanks for sharing that.

Back