• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

front apron "lip" question

burnout289

Hi all, I'm curious about something. I was browsing through the post about different color combinations and noticed something that I hadn't seen before. In some pics, the lips at the bottom are blended with the rest of the apron, but in others there is a line that makes it look like separate pieces. I'm wondering if this is due to different manufacturers of the kits or if this is body work done to make it look one way or the other. I just always assumed it was smooth to begin with (I'm not talking about the apron-to-fender line, I mean the lips at the bottom on either side).

Here's what I mean. This one is smooth like I would expect the part to be:
shelby_super_snake.jpg

And this has a hard line that looks like they're separate parts:
65f26a638eed5330e5226118df921fc526cc1f71.jpg

Also, I love this lower apron but have no real desire for the long nose, as I just don't like the way it looks on a coupe. Are there any known issues with mating it up in this case? I would expect some kind of attention needed just due to it being fiberglass, but anything beyond the usual fitting? I would much prefer this over the standard apron w/ lip.

If anyone has a link or pic of a 67/8 with standard hood/nose and this lower apron, I'd sure like to see it.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Richards car had the UP kit i think?, But that kit was sold with fenders/ or you had to cut and add/FG them to the fenders, I dont like the bottom only w/o a long nose, it makes the car look like it has an underbite IMO, also Fiber glass is a lot of headache/block sanding/and fitting. I like the long nose-even on a coupe. Heres a pic.-
404866-2.jpg

Yes, additional body work is done to eliminate that line, mostly by fiberglassing over the joint.
Pros: Looks fantastic!
Cons: If you ever need to remove the front valence, you'll have to break that seal or remove both fenders with it.

Thanks for the info, I'm asmming you are referring to Unique Performance. So that first pic I posted had a kit more like what M+ sells?

I see what you mean about the underbite. Looks like it should have the bumper sitting in between, but still not a deal-breaker for me yet. Hopefully I can find more pictures from different angles.

"Midlife" said:
Yes, additional body work is done to eliminate that line, mostly by fiberglassing over the joint.
Pros: Looks fantastic!
Cons: If you ever need to remove the front valence, you'll have to break that seal or remove both fenders with it.
The part I'm looking at is not where the valance meets the fender, I do love how that looks but not very practical. I just mean the lips that jut out on each side of center like the bottom of an M3 bumper.

Oh, that part, yeah is different product, mine doesn't have the line, it's rebel but i wouldn't advise anyone to buy one.

Back