• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Florida

JeffTepper

Looks like Panama City, Florida is gonna take a hit a bit later today when Michael makes landfall. Hopefully Randy (Midlife) will be safe.

Last edited:
Wow, made landfall at 919mb and 155mph sustained. All time record for the panhandle and #3 most severe in CONUS records as far as central pressure goes. That one sure snuck up on people. Most were dismissing it as a ho-hum tropical storm a few days ago. High tide in the landfall area comes around 5-6pm this evening. Last numbers I saw on the surge was 9-13'.

Given the hurricane is still a Cat 3 now inland and extremely well-organized, best wishes to you and Toni since it appears the storm will be going right over the top of you on the way out. Epic storm with very little wide coverage. So far the videos I've seen from where it came ashore are devastating. Now those areas from Panama City to Mexico Beach are getting the back side and high tide.

FYI, I seen questions about Mid's safety on three forums. A couple of guys on 69Stang have called him but only get busy signals.

Yeah, consensus is he is holed up someplace with a bottle of Yukon, but it would be nice to hear from him just to be sure.

I will answer the question with a question. Does the area have power and were the cell towers affected? I know more and more people are going wireless only, but in an emergency the old land line...

fd

I will answer the question with a question. Does the area have power and were the cell towers affected? I know more and more people are going wireless only, but in an emergency the old land line...

fd
Cell towers are down everywhere. 500,000 with out power as of last night.

fd

Tim:

With the number of power poles down in that area I would venture a guess that the phone land lines are out of commission as well.

Back