• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

efi harness status: DONE

66gt350

After alot of blood sweat and tears, I finally finished up my computer wiring harness. I had it in the car and running, but not pretty. So, I yanked it out, trimmed the wiring down, and wrapped it with non-adhesive wire wrap. And this is how it turned out:
The injector harnes:
wiring.jpg

Main harness:
wiring3.jpg

-rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Can the firewall grommet/seal move along the length of the main harness?

The reason I ask is that it appears that you'll have far more cable rearward of the forewall than you'll ever need. I guess any extra cable can be tucked up under the heater box/glove box.

Thanks. A lot of blood, sweat, tear, swearing, and beating my head against the wall trying to get everything figured out. Luckily, the wife was very understanding last winter when I did most of the work, as the wiring harness and multiple wiring diagrams are spread out over the living room floor for several evenings (ok probably more that just several).

Dave -- The grommet in the pic is about where it will go on the harness. It can move some. There isn't a whole lot of excess wiring, probably a couple of inches. I'd rather have it a hair long, than short just incase I need to drop the computer to the floor and still have it plugged in. And your right, it's all tucked up against the firewall and cowl behind the heat box, where it's outta sight.

I'll try and get more pics as I go.
-rob

Back