• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cancer Sucks!

So Mark...what happens when you personally have to make a pit stop while the game is playing...can you pause the action or do you have to wait...and wait...and wait...

Lemme guess...it Depends...

Just got back from round 6. No cold food or drink now till later next week. That sucks, but I've kinda got used to it. My blood work came back quick today, not the news I wanted to hear, but still good. Hemoglobin is up, but my platelets were back down to 85,000. They should be above 130,000. Also, the tumor marker went up to 8.3 from a low of 5.9 a few weeks ago. My appetite has been off the charts and I've ballooned up from 154lbs to 180! Doc says I'll need the extra lard when they do the surgery, now moved out to late Feb/early March.

Hey I know some guys here with EXTRA lard between their ears. Maybe they could loan ya some.

Oh go hide under your bed. Hey Mark, if you have appetite you must be feeling pretty good so that's a positive.

Been noticing that the F250 has been riding pretty rough. Figured the shocks had given up, so I bought new ones. Splurged and got new Bilstein 4600 series. The fronts arrived Saturday and thought I'd swap them out today and do the rear shocks tomorrow. I removed the fronts, leaned on them a little and they went straight to the floor with NO return. Yeah, I guess they were shot!!

Removed the back shocks (crap just like the front) so it's ready for tomorrow. Bad thing is that it kicked the living shit out of my small amount of energy and has me wiped out. Damn I hate this shit.

Have CT scans Wednesday. The results will determine surgery or more chemo. Holding out for surgery, the chemo is really kicking my ass.

death.jpg well, you also got this to look forward to (losing your hearing).

Just as a forewarning. When my mother had breast cancer (she's been clean for over 15 years now 8^) ). She had surgery, chemo and radiation. Just remain positive, Mark. We're here to coach you and are rooting for you more than 'Bama....

Back