• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Camarones Borachos

abrahamfh

Translation: Camarones Borachos=Drunk Shrimp

YES, IT IS WHATS FOR DINNER TONIGHT!

1 box of McCormic golden dipt Beer Batter (The only thing we ever use from the box because there is just no way to make it better..

a6cd8a92-0dc7-8704.jpg

1-1/4 cup Sapporo (we like the batter thick so you can add more beer if you like)[As you can see above, for this little delicious meal I like to use the Japanese beer Sapporo for it's smoothness and flavor].

Box says to add vegetable oil but we dont.

Put enough extra virgin olive oil in a narrow pot so that the shrimp can be fully submerged by the oil.

Dip the shrimp in the batter, let some of the excess batter run off and drop it into the pot with the olive oil.

a6cd8a92-1596-cc13.jpg

LET IT FRY!

Use one of these to strain the shrimp when you remove it from the oil and let it cool on a baking sheet with napkins to help remove some of the excess oil.
a6cd8a92-1825-dfb1.jpg

Enjoy
a6cd8a92-188a-2525.jpg

Preparing for the weekend's drunk feast with a bunch of prawns.

4-300311063354.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
"cmayna" said:
Preparing for the weekend's drunk feast with a bunch of prawns.
4-300311063354.jpeg

Looks like it is going to be delicious. Oh YEAH! :thu

Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess until it's a nice golden brown.

This looks pretty easy and simple. I might have to try this Friday night when hubby is back from his Philly trip. :thu

How long is determined by how hot you have the oil. Olive oil heats up quick so the slightest change in heat settings and you will find out quickly.

Usually, the first shrimp we fry we leave it for two minutes, cut it in half to see if it has been cooked through. If it hasn't cooked through we leave it about thirty seconds longer, cut in half and see where we are.

For us, gas stove, at medium high we usually find the happy place to be about 2.5 minutes where the batter is nice and crispy and the shrimp is fully cooked.

Back