• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Boom's 82 Fox

The engine and everything would need pulled to even really get a good assessment. The parts aren't too expensive, but I wanted this to be an easy wrench project while the fastback gets worked on

You will quickly get to the point that there will be much more work and money into it than it is worth. The rust issues you see are probably a fraction of what exists. I understand the "easy wrench project" hence the reason I picked up the Cougar to play with while I work on my larger Bronco build. Having to pull the engine and do extensive work here will slow the progress on the fastback. <-----I am certain you are aware of all of this!

Just have to make the call on whether to fix it like new or fix it to drive. Depending on your skill set and tools you could pull that engine, patch things up and be back in business in a few days. I get the whole issue of stealing time from the primary project. That's why the Model A is in offsite storage. If it were in the garage no way could I not be working on it. Truck comes first and in your case the '67. Unless you elect to do a quick "just to get it going" effort. :rolleyes:

Took the battery tray out to get a better look. A large chunk of the rail fell completely off. The sway bar mount is floating. I'd guess it needs the rail and the inner fender apron.

Don't have room to get under it right now.

Attachments

• PSX_20230504_214628.jpg
    PSX_20230504_214628.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 11
  • PSX_20230504_214643.jpg
    PSX_20230504_214643.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 11
Just to close the story on this car. I found a guy that was willing to take it on as a project car. He does bodywork so sounds like a good fit.

Helped load the car up the other day. Ised a ratchet strap as a come a long. Worked but what a pain.

PSX_20230611_160619.jpg

There are much better Fox bodies out there to start with. That rust would have been a challenge

Back