• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Boom's 68 fastback

Stay far away from FSI, worst garbage on the market. Read their policy, you buy it and no returns. The company I referred you to in Texas turned out to be all talk.
Dang, never got a reply from that place in Florida either. Guess won't wait for one from there.

Might just wait and see when MTF gets the new molds done. No rush really, I won't be back for a few more months anyway.

We went with the Procar Elite seats. The Rally has a high bolster and is fairly narrow and uncomfortable. I am not a big guy and the seat was a even too narrow for me. If you can find a place to test sit them, I would highly suggest it.

I do like the Elites too. The stitching on the Rally looked like it blended in with the original car interior more, but not like anything else is stock on my car.

I have heard that about the bolsters. I just want something that holds you in a bit more then the stock seats.

I do like the Elites too. The stitching on the Rally looked like it blended in with the original car interior more, but not like anything else is stock on my car.

I have heard that about the bolsters. I just want something that holds you in a bit more then the stock seats.
You get what you pay for in a seat. It's an area you do not want to buy based on price. If you're not comfortable while driving it won't matter how much you like anything else about the car. A bad seat will ruin the whole experience for you.

You will never do better than a major manufacturer OEM seat. Every single piece on them has to pass pretty stringent safety, quality and wear testing. You might be surprised how relatively inexpensively you can grab a good set of seats and have them recovered as compared to buying an off the shelf, one size fits almost all aftermarket seat. The Fiero seats I used the mustang, for example, fit perfect in our cars. You can still find a pair of them for around $200-300. The big thing on seats for the old mustangs is getting the seating height dimensions right. Far too many choices I've seen people make just don't look right as they sit too high in the seat bottom making the top of the headrests WAY too high and make the side view look just wrong. You can find plenty of examples on the internet. I myself picked up a beautiful pair of BMW full power leather buckets I intended to use in my truck. Spent a lot of time finding just the right set. Did my homework with measurements and all and thought I had a winner. After MUCH fabrication...and refabrications...I found there was just not a way to get them to sit at the right height and placement in the cab to suit my desired driving position and look correct. While I could have used them and lived with it, I would never have been happy with either the comfort or look. So off they went!

TMI does a good job of sizing their seats to fit the older classic cars. Their seat frames are well made as well. I am using a bench seat from them in my F1. I can't really say I have found anything I dislike about the way it is made or the quality of the materials.

You get what you pay for in a seat. It's an area you do not want to buy based on price. If you're not comfortable while driving it won't matter how much you like anything else about the car. A bad seat will ruin the whole experience for you.

You will never do better than a major manufacturer OEM seat. Every single piece on them has to pass pretty stringent safety, quality and wear testing. You might be surprised how relatively inexpensively you can grab a good set of seats and have them recovered as compared to buying an off the shelf, one size fits almost all aftermarket seat. The Fiero seats I used the mustang, for example, fit perfect in our cars. You can still find a pair of them for around $200-300. The big thing on seats for the old mustangs is getting the seating height dimensions right. Far too many choices I've seen people make just don't look right as they sit too high in the seat bottom making the top of the headrests WAY too high and make the side view look just wrong. You can find plenty of examples on the internet. I myself picked up a beautiful pair of BMW full power leather buckets I intended to use in my truck. Spent a lot of time finding just the right set. Did my homework with measurements and all and thought I had a winner. After MUCH fabrication...and refabrications...I found there was just not a way to get them to sit at the right height and placement in the cab to suit my desired driving position and look correct. While I could have used them and lived with it, I would never have been happy with either the comfort or look. So off they went!

TMI does a good job of sizing their seats to fit the older classic cars. Their seat frames are well made as well. I am using a bench seat from them in my F1. I can't really say I have found anything I dislike about the way it is made or the quality of the materials.

I have looked into a factory option. Funny the two you mention were what I looked at. I have a mint passenger month from a fiero, drivers was crushed. I also have a pair of full leather electric BMW seats that I've fabbed brackets for. Just as you mentioned tho, they do sit higher. Plus theyre heavy as can be.

I could look for a nice drivers side fiero seat. I forgot about that until you mentioned it

Found a set of Fiero seats fairly close in good shape. Going to reach out to Fiero Mike to make sure he's still making the covers. Any suggestions on options or styles to order from him? I'm really just aiming for black or black and silver two tone seats in a style that blends well with the rear

My suggestion is to keep it simple. If you are retaining the stock rear seat doing much more than a plain black to match will stand out and likely not in a good way. Be careful too with "black" because there at a thousand shades of it when you start comparing materials called "black". I'd suggest getting him to send you some samples of his options and compare directly side by side to your back seat.

I would tell you go all black with black thread. If you wanted more contrast, do a darker shade or two (gray) for the inset with matching gray or black thread. Either way you go with the inset, keep the bolster stitching black.

On his website, under the Fiero seat styles, click on Italian and mine are the fourth pic. I didn't even realize he used a pic of mine on the site. We designed mine about 5 years ago and at the time it was a unique look. Now it seems judging by the other pics he has made quite a few very similar sets. So glad I stuck to using the red stitching just along the bolsters. Less is ALWAYS more when using contrasting color combinations. The lighter leather inset pieces was enough. Red stitching in that area (as you can see in a lot of the other pics) just makes it look cheaper and gaudier. My opinion, of course.

Might be getting the fiero seats this weekend.

On a side note. Super excited to get some parts off a car Shaun was parting out! I got his Bilstien rear 3 link coil over kit and a complete 9" axle to go with it! Too good a deal to pass up. Been wanting his rear kit for awhile now, but couldn't justify the cost with the other things my car needed. I already have his front coilover kit, and brakes for front and rear.

This is a picture from when he installed it on his car.
download (9).jpeg

Tempted to get the toploader he has, since I'm already driving to pick this stuff up when I get home in the spring but I've already got some parts for the TKX.

The TKX is such a better trans for any car other than maybe a dedicated racecar I'd pass on the toploader. Let somebody restoring a vintage classic or racer snatch it up.

The TKX is such a better trans for any car other than maybe a dedicated racecar I'd pass on the toploader. Let somebody restoring a vintage classic or racer snatch it up.
Yeah, that makes sense. I've heard nothing but great things about the TKX.

Howdy everyone. Been looking into exhaust options for my car. Rear exit is not going to be feasible due to the location of the brackets Shaun has on that rear axle. He eventually moved the brackets on later production housing to allow that, bit this one was built before that.

Thats fine because I had already been interested in doing a side exhaust setup. There are a few options. MTF sells a Kit that looks nice, but not sure how it'd look without the body kit. For right at $1100 ish with shipping. Just need mid pipes

There are also some mufflers to build mine own kit. Was looking at the Magnaflow 14210. Summit lists them for $171 a piece. Not a fan of Flowmaster but they also list a couple muffler options, too.

Anyone have any opinions or suggestions on these options or side exhaust kits in general?

First, did you get your WE gift?
Second, I had a local shop make my exhaust. I used Magnaflow mufflers for an AAR Cuda. I can share pics if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, did you get your WE gift?
Second, I had a local shop make my exhaust. I used Magnaflow mufflers for an AAR Cuda. I can share pics if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a hiccup for the WE stuff. Unfortunately, I'm not in the states and I didn't plan on participating so my address never got updated from when I moved either. Someone got what I can assume was a super amazing WE Gift.

I would love to see what you have done for exhaust. The tips are the only part that I don't have hammered out yet. I really do like the Magnaflow mufflers. A shop could easily hang then in place. The MTF ones look great too and are bolt in ready, just not sure on the tips themselves.

Another option I forgot about is Spintech. They offer kits and even have a Cobra R tip option. That sounds like a nice option. Anyone run their mufflers? They offer a normal aggressive one and a quieter option. Figure if I'm going with Cobra R side exit tips I'd better not get the quiet model, but I do want a decent tone, not just loud.

Spintech side exhaust kits

oh bummer, I packed a lot of crap, uh I mean goodies in your WE gift... I hope they don't call the post office police!
anyway, this is an old pic from when I had the C6 instead of the TKO but it looks the same
IMG_3521.jpg

Just buy some pipe, couple of straight thru mufflers and build it yourself. Not that hard really. If you use oval pipe, you get better clearance too.

Anyone run Dapper lighting headlights? They look nifty. Don't find too many decent options in the 5.75" style. Mainly Dapper and the newer Holley LED retro line. I like a clear lens over the factory style lenses, so Dapper wins in that regard.

I've seen some other options by Redline and Oracle I believe on CJs. One was crazy, like 350 a bulb tho. And I need 4 with the S Style nose.

I can get either Holley or Dappers lights for 7-750 ish for all 4

I don't currently have anything for lights, and not a huge rush. I just want to start putting a list together so when i get to that stage ive already determined what to get. I have been leaning torwards the Dappers since they're something different.

dapper-lighting-575-clear-glass-single_large.jpg

lfrb125_01_close.jpg

T
The Holley is DOT approved and hands down the best light- but hugely expensive
The Holleys are nice and I'm sure are built very well. The main reasons I steered away from them are the fluted lenses and that the lenses are plastic and not glass.

The price isn't too bad compared to some other options. They're cheapest on Holleys own website at 179 currently.

The Holley lights are a nice and safe option. I'll email them and see if there a clear lens option coming down the road.

Those Dapper things are about the ugliest crap I have ever seen. One of the worst updates you will ever see on a classic car is when someone puts some funky new headlight in one like those things with the colored ring around them. Until you see it you would never guess a simple thing like the appearance of a headlight could make such a difference. I may sound like a grumpy old man but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. Looks like the folks at Holley get it. Just wish the lens was actual glass.

Back