• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Boom's 68 fastback

To me that Watts link bare doesn 't have to seat flush with the trunkfloor. Just the ends needs to be bolted tight.
As for the shock mounting holes. You need to take more ref points to center that subframe.
You want the links to be even long both sides when the axle "travels" under driving condition.
My2eurocent.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

I know the bar itself doesn't need to be against the floor, but the ends aren't seating fully on the frame rails with those bolts in place or seems.

I'm just double checking if the factory upper shock mount crossmember is a good reference point to measure against to locate the watts link bracket. I don't want to drill the mounting holes and have it not be in an acceptable spot. I know I'll have some room for adjustment with the lower links themselves to get it all perfectly squared.

I wish, I've been working on my house lately and the car is stored in an unheated storage unit, so winter work is gonna be extremely limited.

I did finally get a shift knob. That's something. I got boned by "Carrol Shelby Racing" months after the order and no shift knob. Called Speed Daeg directly since that's who actually makes pretty much every shift knob sold through various distributors, they made me one up and sent it. It doesn't have the CS racing logo, but it works.

PSX_20240115_101321.jpg

Gotta respect a man with a 5 speed sitting on the carpet in the dining room! I fought the urge to bring parts into the house for years before finally giving in. Fast forward a few years and now I've got stuff stashed on all three levels of the house plus the attic. :p

Gotta respect a man with a 5 speed sitting on the carpet in the dining room! I fought the urge to bring parts into the house for years before finally giving in. Fast forward a few years and now I've got stuff stashed on all three levels of the house plus the attic. :p
I am pretty sure that is where the wife would draw the line. I am not willing to risk it, however to test my hypothesis. You guys need to build a bigger garage!

I wish I had a bigger garage. I imagine most of us do. This current house unfortunately doesn't have the space to add one with the property line. I hate moving so often.

I leave so many random items laying around the house. The 3 link and parts are behind the seats for the car which are next to the transmission.

Back