• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

are the SVO's of any collector interest??

SELLERSRODSHOP

found an 86 SVO for sale locally that supposedly runs good (145k) but needs some body repairs & paint. just curious if i could pick it up, do the work & flip it for a decent profit. guy is asking $1800, but thought i might offer $1500 if there is any room to make some $$$ on these.

Definitely. They're not very common, and while they're not as popular as, say, a '93 Cobra, they're still rather desirable to the right crowd. Scout out the Corral Forums to gauge interest, but I'd pick one up for $1500 if I could. Hell, if it ran well and passed CA smog, I'd consider trading my '90 GT for one.

Make sure all of the SVO specific parts are on it. Some stuff is hard to find and will certainly eat into profit. Had a 1985, lots of fun back then, kind of slow by today's standards.

Anyone see the article in Mustang Monthly with the Yahoo that has three or four of them IN HIS HOUSE......One of them was the last SVO built, originally sold to Bill Elliots brother...

Back