• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

April COTM Nominations

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
This month, the requirements may be a little steep, but let's see. The Mustang (any year) must have a hood scoop (i.e. an ostrich catcher) AND air conditioning. A picture of the A/C compressor in the engine compartment or vents/controls/unit in the interior is acceptable. 60 mph A/C, F. Flintstone units, slurpee units, and window-mounted compressors are not acceptable for air conditioning. Hood scoops that are functional are preferred, but non-working scoops are okay.

As usual, no car that has won in the past 24 months is eligible. Bribes sent to me must be via PayPal.

67 Evil Eleanor's 65 twin turbo fastback...

index.php

index.php

"Kats66Pny" said:
boo! I have the scoop but lack A/C!

Too bad Kat. Your car was the first to come to mind. Quick....bolt on a compressor. Randy didn't say it had to be hooked up and working!! LOL

Trouble has both, but the a/c isn't fully hooked up yet (need to run the hoses to the vents).

"65wildstang" said:
Does a cowl hood count?LOL
65svtengine.jpg

By wildstang at 2012-02-21
65svt.jpg

img0373qa.jpg

I'm not sure there's an A/C unit in there...do you have another picture?
A reverse cowl scoop will do; it'll catch birds when you go backwards...*G*

Last edited by a moderator:
The last pic is a shot of the vintage air controller in the center of the dash. The a/c compressor is in the lower left corner on the motor drive assembly and not visible in the pic, but if you need a picture of it I can get it also.LOL

"65wildstang" said:
The last pic is a shot of the vintage air controller in the center of the dash. The a/c compressor is in the lower left corner on the motor drive assembly and not visible in the pic, but if you need a picture of it I can get it also.LOL
Good enough; I didn't recognize it.

We have two very very nice cars so far; this should be a really good contest.

Are these scoops per the rules of this little shindig? (I know people who call them 'those GT hood air scoop thingys with the turn signals in them')

DSC09144.JPG

Nothing wrong with a cowl scoop on a coupe.

"dodgestang" said:
Are these scoops per the rules of this little shindig? (I know people who call them 'those GT hood air scoop thingys with the turn signals in them')

My votes no! :nut :roll

"65wildstang" said:
Maybe someone can give me a hand that knows how to crop photos. LOL
It looks like you covered up the louvers, so no...that's not a scoop.

"65wildstang" said:
Maybe someone can give me a hand that knows how to crop photos. LOL
"Midlife" said:

Mid, its a scoop. Am i missing something? You can see right through to the cowl vents.

65svtengine.jpg

"Midlife" said:

The crop photo remark I was replying back to 1497 about turning the cowl around. As far as the cowl, the vent in the rear is open and nothing has been filled in. If, you guys don't want to count a cowl hood as a scoop hood, thats cool. I don't want to step on any toes here ,and if needed to will wait til another COTM nominations to apply. Thanks

Back