• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Any Piano buffs here?

Yesterday, I bought an upright piano. I had wanted one and this one came up via my cousin's wife.

It is a Kreiter upright. It is in good condition. Fits perfectly in my living room. It all works. Made in Milwaukee. Kreiter went out of business in 1930.

I believe that it may be over 100 years old. Anyone into antiques like this? I am looking for more data on the piano.

I bet it has 52 white/off-white keys and 36 Black keys for a total of 88. If it predates the current standard format then it would have 85 keys. Also to note that it is best to have a piano on an interior wall. If positioned on an exterior wall the sound board can absorb moisture resulting in warping or worst cast a cracked sound board that is untuneable.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Last edited:
I bet it has 52 white/off-white keys and 36 Black keys for a total of 88. If it predates the current standard format then it would have 85 keys. Also to note that it is best to have a piano on an interior wall. If positioned on an exterior wall the sound board can absorb moisture resulting in warping or worst cast a cracked sound board that is untuneable.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
I plan on placing it on an interior wall. 36 Black, 52 ivories.

I know two good people to help you move it: Stan and Laurel.

My brother has my grandmothers piano, its absolutely mint condition. Cant remember the make/year but its pretty old. My mom is 80 and said it was there when she was born. Seems like it was bought new in Chicago. We moved it to my brothers house 6-7 years ago. My back still hurts.

Back