• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Advance Auto

Mach1 Driver

My closest auto parts store is Advance. I wanted a Motorcraft starter solenoid, and I didn't want to wait for delivery. I know there are other good brands like Standard Motor Parts- Blue Streak, but what the heck, I wanted to give the Motorcraft a try, even if it may be made in China- I'm not sure it is.
I called my local Ford dealer first, but he said he couldn't look up anything older than 1980, and gave me the name of a classic Ford parts dealer that is an hour and a half away. That wasn't much help. So I called Advance- she said she could order it through a vendor, and it would be in sometime next week, because of the holiday weekend. I thanked her but told her I would look around a little more, so I hung up and a minute or two later she called me back to tell me that O'Reilly's has it !! When is the last time that happened to you?
O'Reilly's will have it on Sunday this holiday weekend, for a two day turn-around. Wow on both counts.

FYI, I had to order it twice from O'Reilly's but I finally got the Motorcraft solenoid, and it is now made in China.

Back