• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

adjustable sway bar end links

Fst Blk

Saw a thread on VMF, thought I'd ask the man :bow

http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/m ... 9-357.html

5a486-05a.jpg

Bill

"lethal289" said:
crickets? They sure look like they could be retrofitted for some adjustable strut rods.

True crickets :whis and yeah they could be used to make strut rods.

Bill

The two holes give you two adjustment points and they are so close together, I don't think you could tell the change from the drivers seat. Now, switching one set of bushings out for a rod end would make a change by making the bar work harder.

They effectively change the length of the sway bar, there by making it have more control over body roll in one hole over the other.

If you want an adjustable sway bar, get one of the Stambar sway bars. The end of the sway bar doesn't have the hole in it for the end links and you slide the block along the length to change the effect of the sway bar. These are the type we use on our cars.

image.php

"Opentracker" said:
The two holes give you two adjustment points and they are so close together, I don't think you could tell the change from the drivers seat. Now, switching one set of bushings out for a rod end would make a change by making the bar work harder.

They effectively change the length of the sway bar, there by making it have more control over body roll in one hole over the other.

If you want an adjustable sway bar, get one of the Stambar sway bars. The end of the sway bar doesn't have the hole in it for the end links and you slide the block along the length to change the effect of the sway bar. These are the type we use on our cars.

image.php

You sell these or should we buy from a local vendor?

Bill

I believe we can still get them. - $229.95

I think they may be overkill for a street car. You can get a regular 1" bar for $99.

Send me an email if you want one. Stambar stopped producing them a while back so what we can get is NORS pieces and I'm not positive they are available.

Your probably right. A regular bar should work for me. I have to keep reminding myself I'm building a cruiser and not a track car :whis Do you suggest urethane bushings on the bar or just rubber?

Bill

I recently found this non-adjustable 1 1/4" dia front and adjustable 7/8" dia rear sway bar kit from Hotchkis. I was looking for a rear sway bar but they come as a set. I have already installed the Addco 1 1/8" dia front sway bar I got from Shaun. Dont think an extra 1/8" is needed for a street car that will see occassional track use. Spendy kit too.

http://www.hotchkis.net/sway-bars-set-6 ... sport.html

Back