• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 Under dash Courtesy light wiring question

tarafied1

I know fastbacks and verts had the under dash lights and the hardtops with an overhead console did too. My 65 does as well since it doesn't have a dome light. Is the wiring already there on a 67 hardtop not equipped with a console? or will I have to splice into the dome light wiring?
67inter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are female bullets on each end of the underdash harness with black/blue wires: these are your courtesy light feeds. In 1967, Ford went from the integral courtesy lamps to a bullet plug-in type. The brackets are the same as 65/66, the light sockets are the same, but the wires come with a pigtail male bullet plug. I don't believe they are reproduced, but can be found in Cougars, 69 and 70 Mustangs, etc. I may have a pair laying around somewhere...

That's them. You can crimp on a male bullet connector and you'll be good to go.

I picked up these on eBay for a 68 Mustang. Anybody have a picture of how they are mounted?
$T2eC16RHJHEE9ny2q8uuBR!I168Eow~~60_57.JPG

Craig, unless the '68's are different that looks more like my underhood or trunk light.

Here's my underdash lights mounted with deluxe interior '67
Drivers side
DSCN2485_zpsad2aa956.jpg

Passengers side
DSCN2486_zps1ac4510a.jpg

Here's the hood light with lighting package
IMG_1250.jpg

Jon

Thanks Jon,
Yours look like my 65's. I was thinking the 65 thru 67 were like that and 68 and later like the ones I bought but I could be wrong. The eBay add said they came from a 68 but you know eBay!

Craig, That is a coupe's dome light. I guess you could mount it under the dash.

One of my under dash looked like this one.

ABCurrentProject201.jpg

I also used led bulbs.
ABCurrentProject202.jpg

ABCurrentProject203.jpg

thanks John, I found a factory drilled hole(s) but wasn't sure if they were for the lights or not,,,,

Now would be the perfect time for the Mustang to Fear headliner. That is on my list to try to get done before the HRPT.

My wife put in the headliner and is very proud of how it turned out. She might be mad at me if i changed it.
Besides I'm finally pitting in the overhead console i bought years ago!

Back