• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

64.5 window crank and door handle removal

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
I did some searching and did not find any information. Simple enough I just want to remove the drivers door panel. But to do that I need to remove the window and door handles. I know that they are held on by a clip, I believe on the opposite side of the handle. But how do you remove the clip? With a hook and just pull it out? Or is there a removal tool?
I am hoping that something inside of the door is loose and can be tightened. The drivers door makes a funny noise when going over bumps or sometime just opening the door.

fd

There is a tool made for this job. Its a slightly bent flat piece with a U shaped opening on the business end. You can, however, get the clips to pop by carefully using a couple screwdrivers to push the clip parallel to the door panel. Good luck.

"tarafied1" said:
ohhh ohhh, that gives me an idea! we need to get a model (female and preferably not a goat) and do a complete Stangfix sexy tutorial on common Mustang repairs. :yah
I hear one of the Nascar Sprint Cup girls might be looking for work.

My problem was that when I did the search I spelled "removal" not "Romoving" :roul No offense to anyone, if it was not for spell check I would be spending hours looking up words in the dictionary. :hide

But yes thank you very much Pete dude, that was the info I was looking for.

img4e130f09743d3.jpg

fd

That would be my spelling error... And the removal was a real pain for me. I ended up destroying the crank only to find it was still being held in place with a clip. Doh. Anyway the tool should line up right in line behind the crank and in theory will push the clip out. I've tried it on my pass side crank with no luck so far, but then again I have not tried really hard either. Good luck

Back