• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

51st Annual StangFix Meet-In-The Middle...of California

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
:pf
MITM 11Sep09 - 13Sep09
Pismo Beach, California
KonTiki Inn...on the ocean.
:kaid

I remember the 37th, when Johnpro was dancing on the table with two Long Island Iced Teas...

StangFix 2009 California Meet-In-The-Middle Itinerary

StangFix CA-MITM 2009

Headcount:

KBMWRS (2)
Cmayna (2) :gobp
JeffTepper(2) :dance
SacBill (2) :sb
Del65 (2) :skull
Exchevman (2) :pf
JohnPro (2) :kaid
GT S-Code (2) :pop
Starfury (2) :bow
Outlawboss (2) :cool
Crsustycurmudgeon(1) :zip
David67 (2) :danc

So it looks to be quite the turn-out for a weekend of socializing (i.e., drinking and talking) and cruising in our old cars. :run

So here’s the plan……..

For those coming from the north…and that’s most of us….SoCal slackers!!!
(OutlawBoss and David67 excluded..they are really the cream of SoCal anyways….hehehe)
We will be meeting in the at 10:00 at the Costco gas station in Gilroy at Hwy 152 & Hwy101. Actual location is just off north off Hwy 152 (north on Camino Arroya, left on Lindsteadt Way).

Lunch stop for the South-bounders will be in Paso Robles at Margies Diner (Hwy 46/24th St on the west side of Hwy101).
Gas stations are plentiful here if there is a need.

Arrival at Pismo:
Next are just helpful directions :
Kon Tiki Inn: Southbound, exit Hwy 1, Pismo Beach
Northbound, exit Wadsworth, turn left, then a right on Price Street

Not sure of check-in time at KonTiki but we should be there in plenty of time to relax before dinner. This is where the drinking comes into play…since we will be walking to dinner….no drinking and driving !!!...so more drinking, right?
TO THE BAR!!!

Friday night dinner is within walking distance, since after driving most of the day I’m sure most would rather forgo the getting in the car again for the day.
Within a few blocks walk (ala the same distance we have before) there is Giuseppe’s…..yes with a name like that it ain’t Chinese
I’ll try to make reservations for 24 at 6:00pm …no guaranty so some waiting may be involved …. plan to met up in the KonTiki parking lot at 5:00 since we still need to walk there.
Bring cash in case separate checks and /or usage of credit cards may be difficult.

After dinner will be more socializing, aka drinking. TO THE BAR!!!
Steamers, the restaurant next to KonTiki Inn has nice bar. That’s good right? This would definitely be a possibility upon arrival, after dinners….or whenever., although a BYOB and partying by the spa/pool or in a room is still good too. So be prepared.

Mob decisions will be made and the mob will determine the final drinkkkkk….I mean socializing locale.

Saturday:
10:00 am departure for the cruise…..that’s enough time for JohnPro’s hangover right?
We’ll be meeting in the KonTiki parking lot for a cruise to Solvang.
When we reach Solvang you are on your own. Do the tourist thang alone or with others.
Next planned meet up is at dinner so the rest of the afternoon is yours.

Dinner will be at AJ Spurs, North Oak Park Blvd & Hwy101, Grover Beach, CA (steak and whisky…that’s good eating right there) at 6:00 .
Again I’ll try to make reservations…no guaranty so some waiting may be involved.

AJ Spurs:
Southbound Hwy 101: exit Oak Park, turn left….AJ Spurs will be on your right down the street.
To return to Kon Tiki: at corner where AJs is turn left (Oak Park) cross bridge turn left on entrance ramp to north bound Hwy101.

Bring cash in case separate checks and /or usage of credit cards may be difficult.

After dinner……head back to KonTiki for more drinkiii….socializing.

Sunday…head home at your leisure……..

So make you plans and don’t forget to BYOB and glasses…..JohnPro has those special ones that he likes to feel up as he drinks. :pbj

See you all there. “TO THE BAR�

KBMWRS

Updates on dinners:

Giuseppe's does not take reservations. So I'm guessing we can be loose on our time and some may decide to frequent the Crab Shack down the street instead. So the group may split up if ya want....hey its no set thing.

AJ Spurs....I did get reservations for 25 at 6pm ...seperate checks are okay.

I'm glad I checked the car before leaving. My speedometer cable had rested on a header and made a smokey rubbery mess. One new speedo cable and a couple hours later, and we're good to go. See you Friday!

<Prays for more addendees from SoCal>

Angelo,

We are the only ones that come out from So Cal to this event!!!

I gave up on trying to get other people.

David,
As long as you guys attend, we NorCal guys will be satisfied. Johnpro, I have some black duct tape if that might help persuade you to join us.

&quot;cmayna&quot; said:
Weather forecast is upper 60's to low 70's for the weekend. PARTY :pep

Craig, I just checked the on-line weather forecast for Solvang on Saturday and the afternoon high is expected to reach 94!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes

&quot;JeffTepper&quot; said:
Craig, I just checked the on-line weather forecast for Solvang on Saturday and the afternoon high is expected to reach 94!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes

I just looked and weather.com said 87!?!?!? Where do you get does numbers at?

Solvang = 92 on Sat. Maybe I'll just let my wife drive the Mustang to Solvang while I lay on the beach.

Wooses..... :bash

94 in California is like 70 in Iowa...sans the corn and flat land and floods and.........

Yeah, 92 in Solvang isn't bad. It'll be a dry heat that far inland.

I survived several summers of 115F heat in Stockton in my car with black vinyl and no a/c :p

Back