• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1966 Coupe Pony Interior Help

AzNick

My '66 Coupe is ready for the body work and paint...I have not been here for awhile, but it is shaping up.

1) I need to completely replace my Pony Interior. The previous owner incorrectly put red Pony interior in it, and I need to convert it back to Black.
-who has a great complete kit...a good brand? I do not need the pistol grips and trim...I need seats, carpet, door panels, headliner, visors, kick panels and carpet, rear panel trim, etc.

2) what about sound deadeners? I was looking on Mustangs Plus and they have quite a few options...just curious what you all have used under the carpet, under the headliner, under the door panels, and in the trunk.

Thanks.

Craig Craig shime in here !! Someone needs your advice !!

CMAYNA did a good job on Shag .

Sorry for the late reply. I was busy cleaning out the junk between my toes. Now they smell ever so heavenly.

AzNick, I can't help you on item #1 but regarding sound deadening issue, there is a misconception regarding most of the foiled products which most companies call sound deadening. Those these items will help with sound deadening to a point the main application is vibration dampening caused by road noise, exhaust vibration, etc. To go all the way, you first apply the foil material which most are adhesive ( I use Second Skin's Damplifier Pro) against the sheetmetal inside the cabin's floor. You then would want to apply a sound deadening foam material aka noise barrier (I use Second Skin's luxury liner pro) then the carpet.

www.secondskinaudio.com

For inside of rear quarter, trunk drop off, inside of door, I use their roll on Spectrum or Spectrum Sludge. Much easier that trying to apply a foil product deep inside those hard to get to areas.

Study their site. They have a forum as well. Be forewarned that their products are not cheap. You might have to sell your girlfriend or wife or maybe both, but I believe in their products and am very happy.

Here's a link to some pics of Shag's interior project. You will find a few pics showing all three items applied. BTW, I went with black colored Damplifier Pro.

Craig

http://www.stangfix.com/testforum2/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=229;u=4

Are you in Illinois? :roll I will look at your links and study the other sites. It sounds ideal to me...thank you for your input on the topic.

Back