• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What have you done on your house today?

I've been replacing the 20 year old marble around the fireplace the last few days.

2y6ana6u.jpg

a5ery2e9.jpg

evudu8yz.jpg

begabe4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"RapidRabbit" said:
Well my honey do list is pretty long with the new house. Tackled our master closet and got that done yesterday. We hate wire racks. They were all ripping off the wall and sagging as soon as we put clothes on them.

Before
gy3uhy9a.jpg

After
aqadepup.jpg

yna4abug.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
the house and closet look good!

"RapidRabbit" said:
Nice. I like that. Is that tile?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

i'm guessing brick/stone veneer. you can do some really neat stuff with that. looks nice whatever it is!

got the concrete poured today, then spent about 3 hrs at the chiropractor working on my back. got down on the ground this morning & it took over 30 mins to get back up to a standing position. it feeling better now. we'll see how tomorrow goes.

We used and love the ELFA wire racks in the closet. Many people are coping them now. I saw some copies at Homey Depot the other day. the ELFA is cool and easy to install and super strong. It hangs on the frame at the top of the wall.

All the concrete looks great. I need a bunch, but at $100 a yard it is likely not going to happen any time soon.

Mel

nice shed frank! you can NEVER have enough storage space...

slabs are done, just waiting on the guy to come back & take the forms off the big slab:

gas pump slab is done:

also made a small form to set this antique bulk oil tank/pump on;

next on the list is getting some dirt hauled in to fix the yard, then i can put the new sidewalk down.

tackled one half of my corner privacy shade/fence today. finished setting the poles yesterday (digging the holes is what threw my back out, so delayed the project a few days. i'll be running the other section down the fenceline (you can see the neighbor's hodge podge of chainlink fence pieces that i'm tired of looking at...) may end up building a fire pit later on.

i've been buying antique railroad lanterns like this one & will fabricate iron brackets to hang them from the posts for lighting when we use the area at night. these are anywhere from 90-100 yrs old.

finished another fence section today. one more to go tomorrow & that will be completed.

also finished up & installed the light pole.

also did my first railroad lantern restoration. turned out really well. hard part is removing rust/grime without removing any more of the soft tin plating that can be avoided.

before:

after:

Steve, that looks awesome, what did you use to strip the lanterns? chemical?
Hopefully I can get out for another visit soon.
Jon

"Jonk67" said:
Steve, that looks awesome, what did you use to strip the lanterns? chemical?
Hopefully I can get out for another visit soon.
Jon

for the major part, it was hoppes #9 & 0000 steel wool. figure if it will clean light rust/crud off of gun parts without damaging the blueing, it might work on this. some of the heavier rust got a soak in "evaporust" for a couple hrs, then the hoppes/wool.

finished up the corner fence today. cut & capped the posts & hung the lantern brackets. painted the copper caps black, they just didnt match the black brackets/tin lanterns. these two lanterns arent railroad lanterns. they were made in 1917 for the US Army during WWI & are pretty rare.

also finished up the wiring for the pumps/light.

cleaned another lantern today. its really amazing how well these things can clean up considering what you start with. i was sure i would end up having to paint this one but think it will be fine with maybe a coat of clear to protect it.

Back