• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What have you done on your house today?

We got a new fridge delivered.

I am not a real believer of home warranties, our Realtor made the seller include one and it has paid off. The fridge that came with the house stopped defrosting and major ice built up behind the interior panel. It was leaking water on the floor so we pulled it apart and the inside liner was all destroyed.

They covered it and gave us a credit to pick out a new fridge. So ended spending $150 out of our pocket .

b8e5e4c7547372ce173482f5ce7bf48c.jpg

Well at first they tried to say it wasnt covered, but the tech working on it basically persuaded them that is normal wear and tear.

Its fun to watch the progress. Probably my least favorite thing about the house is the single bay is closest to the house, i wish they would have flipped them but nothing i could do to make it happen.... They wouldnt make the change.

It is fun to watch it go up. When we built or house I think we probably went out just about everyday and took lots of pictures. Probably annoyed the crap out of or contractor. Had we not there were several very large mistakes we would not have caught until too late.

During construction of mine I would visit almost everyday during framing. I would use a can of spray paint to mark anything I didn't like about the framing and the builder would call me and correct things accordingly. I didn't find much if anything on my present home but the first one I built I found a few split joists that the sub went ahead and installed I made them replace.

Its fun to watch the progress. Probably my least favorite thing about the house is the single bay is closest to the house, i wish they would have flipped them but nothing i could do to make it happen.... They wouldnt make the change.

Rick, it's your house and your money. Your way or the highway!

Spent my weekend re-locating the Family Room TV and sound-bar above the fireplace... SWMBO saw everything done this way on the Fall Homes Parade, so doing this to keep her happy was WAY cheaper than buying a new house. I was surpised how much this opened up the room floor space.

Still have one more drywall sanding and then paint, but it's all hooked up and working. Had to cut 3 holes in the wall to fish cables thru, and installed a new combo box up behind the TV wall-mount, so it's all hidden. Real bitch to drill thru a 4-stud thickness behind the drywall (hardware store trip to buy a longer spade bit), and fishing everything thru. Ran 2 sheathed HDMI cables & an RG6 Quad thru one set of 1.25" holes, and then ran the 110V power thru a separate set of holes.

I'm very sore today for some reason. Maybe lifting a 47" TV above my head multiple times???

Oh, and if you haven't discovered www.monoprice.com yet - they ROCK!

Before:
IMG_0245.jpg

After:
IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Last edited:
Nice setup on the TV, not big enuf tho. Our 70 inch tv would not fit there...

Yesterday, I replaced the D-Lokk magnetic gate latch with a typical style latch - the magnetic latch broke internally and they had discontinued it so we got this lesser item....

Nice job on the TV Bob. The program choice is awful though.
Hey! My guy Harvick finally got his title. Watching that race under the new format was brutal. Seemed a couple of drivers realized it best to just pull back and let the Chasers battle it out. Not sure that is a good thing. Then again, had Gordon or Keslowski caused one of them to wreck out it would have been very ugly. Sadly, it made for good TV so the format will likely stick.

Hey! My guy Harvick finally got his title. Watching that race under the new format was brutal. Seemed a couple of drivers realized it best to just pull back and let the Chasers battle it out. Not sure that is a good thing. Then again, had Gordon or Keslowski caused one of them to wreck out it would have been very ugly. Sadly, it made for good TV so the format will likely stick.

I liked the new format...at least there were 4 guys that could have won the title instead of just Jimmy! I was pulling for Harvick....because he drives for Smoke!

Won't your neck get sore looking UP at the TV all the time? I have mine at eye level.

83df0d859e6741b65cbd96111e66a131.jpg

We did something similar last year, I built the mantle for the three front speakers, added a 110 outlet for the wife to use for holidays. Ran 110 behind the TV with an HDMI and IR sensor to control components on the other side of the room.

Rick, FYI your mantle is not to code. Too low. Needs to have more space between the top of the firebox opening and the bottom of the mantle. Basic rule of thumb is that there needs to be a minimum of 12" and for every inch of mantle protrusion ad another inch of space. Local codes vary but this is likely close. Next time you light have a fire feel the bottom of the mantle I would bet its rather warm!

Since you are likely selling since you are building a new house be prepared for the buyers inspector to point this out.

Back