• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What have you done on your house today?

Not that I can follow j or Terrys basement, but I started freshening up my workshop in the basement.

Decided to go work a 50s classic car theme. So I went with a black and white tile. Next I need to fix the drywall and tape and mud it up. Is not fancy. It's going to get trashed anyway.

1be580560ee37abbaaacc8306a1ba8ef.jpg

1ff7caa99b31fd5fdd45f190d88cc775.jpg

Last edited:
Not that I can follow j or Terrys basement, but I started freshening up my workshop in the basement.

Decided to go work a 50s classic car theme. So I went with a black and white tile. Next I need to fix the drywall and tape and mud it up. Is not fancy. It's going to get trashed anyway.

1be580560ee37abbaaacc8306a1ba8ef.jpg

1ff7caa99b31fd5fdd45f190d88cc775.jpg

What is that floor tile material?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its just peel and stick tile. It's cheap and easy to replace if it gets damaged since all my power tools with be in here.

Off to a good start. I thought long and hard about doing a 50's soda fountain theme in mine. I like the look.

We did that at our first house, so I have boxes full of stuff for it. I thought about bringing my old gas pump down there, but I'll leave that in the garage.

Scored some drawers from the local restore for my workbench. All 3 drawers cost $2.50 total! Just need to mount them now.

6cb625ccdf4bbaf2e4578e32d16d0b03.jpg

Scored some drawers from the local restore for my workbench. All 3 drawers cost $2.50 total! Just need to mount them now.

6cb625ccdf4bbaf2e4578e32d16d0b03.jpg

I love Restore, I've gotten so much stuff from there: Washer/dryer, Bosch dishwasher, range, whirlpool bathtub and two toilets, lots of cabinets for the garage and a bedroom, plus tons of smaller stuff. Coolest find was a water pressure reducing valve. Mine was worn out and I tried to find a replacement locally but couldn't find the right one. Amazon has them but the tag on mine didn't list the size so I didn't know for sure. I forgot about it for a few months until I found one (perfect match and brand new) at the Restore for $40 (1/3 the Amazon cost). My brother and sister also got Bosch dishwashers there.

Last edited:
I'm addicted to the restore lately.
Last trip I got a delta bench grinder, an oak cabinet and a craftsman cordless circular saw with 2 batteries and a case, all for $50.

Not the house but I finally got my waste oil burner set up in my garage. Thing is a beast! Just need to get some more T-stat wire and I'll be done.

Back