• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The OFFICIAL Fabulous Fords Forever Knotts 2010 Thread

I'll probably join up with the group from Fresno and head down 99 to join the rest of you at the Wheeler Ridge exit lunch stop. So I assume the group will be taking the shore route instead of heading through the middle of L.A.? I may be looking at directions from a different group?

We typically go through the Grapevine and San Fernando Valley after the lunch stop. We don't make any attempt to all stay together at that point, though.

Frank

I think the Modesto contingent runs over to meet us on I-5 at the rest stop. Meeting at the lunch stop is fine though. But like Frank stated its "you're on your own" after the lunch stop because with LA traffic it difficult to stay together. I'll be taking the northern route on 210 to 57
Craig I think is taking the I-5 straight through route and Jeff will try the I-5 to 410- route. Since we are all heading to the same hotel we will see which is the faster route.

The only problem is single drivers not being able to use the commute lane.

After we check in at the hotel we usually meet with drinks(BYOB) in the center courtyard of the hotel.

Note...they removed the gazebo so meet at the stoned wall table area in the center courtyard.

In that case it may be easier to just meet up at the hotel. I'd have to drive 2 hours to meet up in Bakersfield and it's 3 hours to the hotel down 395, so we'll probably see you there.

Heck ya don't come over to the valley if you can take 395 down.

We'll be cleaning cars or drinking...or both , whne we get to the hotel.

"guruatbol" said:
I still have a couple people who have not paid for the rooms. Please pay since I will be paying the hotel next week and anyone that hasn't paid or made arrangements, I will have to cancel.

Thanks,

Mel

Mel, I used the link on your site and paid the hotel directly.

Confirmed Belmont Brewery Sat Dinner

I confrmed our StangFix Knotts Saturday night dinner reservations.

And to let you know I will be cashing the checks this weekend..so make sure they don't bounce. :mou :ecit

I was told today, by the doctor to cancel my reservations. Mike, you can cash my check if you want, then sell them on to someone else, unless there's someone already standing in line with some money.

This will be the first Knott's that I've missed in eight or nine years!

John, I'm so sorry to hear that. It goes without saying that it just won't be the same without you. :sad

Rest up and beat this thing. :rp

Frank

"johnpro" said:
I was told today, by the doctor to cancel my reservations. Mike, you can cash my check if you want, then sell them on to someone else, unless there's someone already standing in line with some money.

This will be the first Knott's that I've missed in eight or nine years!

I'm not surprised. Chemo knocks out your immune system, and doctors typically don't want you exposed to germs and infections that can be picked up in public areas. I have a good friend who went through chemo and radiation therapy for bone cancer and although he's clean right now and back at work 1/2 time, he cannot travel on planes for another 6 months.

John, I am sorry to hear that. I will get a refund processed for you.

I may have to work and Amber will go it alone. She will have two of my daughters and my new SIL. I am paying the Hotel on the 15th. After I pay them I can not cancel any rooms. I have one person not paid and have sent him a message.

I will miss you all. I will likely be in Denver! :( One of my favorite places, Not!

Mel

Hey, folks. Please drop me a PM if you're going to the Sunday Night "we couldn't stand to leave so we gorged on BBQ ribs and flaming gorilla farts" dinner.

I've got a total of 8 people so far.... :sur

OK, One more gentle reminder, I have one person that needs to pay or cancel. I will automatically cancel on Thursday if I don't hear from him. I have to pay the Hotel and then it is in stone!

I may not be there. Amber was not going to go without me, but I talked her into going so she could see her Dad and visit family. She will be in the cruise and dinner, but not sure about what else. You all will have to just talk her into doing all the fun stuff.

Mel

Damn Earl......you're not going to be there? That ain't right.

Okay I have 2 seats open for the Sat dinner.
John I'm ripping up your check.

OK, I've got everyone's payments now and will pay the hotel. It is in stone, if you cancel now you are SOL!

Thanks to all,

I will be in CA with the bus, maybe I'll have time to get over there. Maybe I can talk the group into going....We'll see what the schedule is. If Sat is their Disney day, then I can make the cruise and dinner....Yahoo!

Mel

OK, Memorial for my Brother is same weekend as Knott's, dang it. Family things first. I won't be there so, here is the list of those I have paid for the rooms and meals. Check the spread sheet and make sure I have it right.

To check in the front desk has the same spread sheet and your names, the rooms are prepaid and I will be getting an email confirming your check in on Friday.

I am bummed, but next year I should have the Captain America car fixed again and have it there.

Name Forum handle Friday Saturday Sunday Meals
Mike Gullery KMBWRS 1K 1K 1K y
Mike Garner Garner67 1K 1K 1K y
Craig Maynard Cmayna 1K 1K 1K y
Leon Biesiadecki 1K 1K 1K N
Jeff Tepper 1K 1K 1K y
Bill Fuller Sacbill 1K 1K 1K N
Frank Crustycrumudgeon 1K 1K 1K N
John Del DEL65 1K 1K 1K N

So sad to miss this year....I was so looking forward to it, even made a stink in the office today about needing time off for it. :beat :beat :beat Got beat up pretty good for needing the time for a car show. Now the boss will be easier to deal with.

Oh, well, next year for sure!!!!!

If you guys have any trouble at all with the hotel, please call me. You can get my number from the website.

Thanks,

Mel

I'll be there (sunday). I'd like to make the Saturday dinner but there is an outside chance I can't make it (Son's 8th B Day party on Sat) so I can't commit.

No lawn chairs :dh and hopefully no errant shopping carts to bash in my front fender...note to self: Avoid Home Cheepo parking lots :po

Back