• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

So I've been searching and they don't make them anymore. The 70 switch is one off and very hard to find.

Looks like I'm going to have to cut and splice.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Phht, anything beyond 66 is just a lessor copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Smackatalk
Absolutely! And they're even better if they happen to be silver blue and a fastback!! (No, I'm not referring to Mark's, I'm referring to MINE!) Not everybody can be this cool! :rolleyes:

So I've been searching and they don't make them anymore. The 70 switch is one off and very hard to find.
Amen to that....I had a spare for just in case and wouldn't you know my replacement one took a shit and had to use my only one left to get 'er going again. Now down to the one in the coloum.

Well the engine is running good.

took it for a drive today. Maybe a mile or so. The trans not so good. It started out good then the shift from 1st to 2nd got worse with each start. It's really hard.

Ugh

You just can't catch a Brel can you. Sorry to hear about the tranny.

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I got the curse now.

At least i got to drive it for the first time in over 5 years.

Last edited:
I went out and adjusted the TV cable a bit this morning. Seems a little better, but I don't have a pressure gauge on it yet.

Here's a quick video of it running.

Last edited:
Good thing you opened the hood and was able to see the fan turning, otherwise it was too quiet to know that it really was running.

Sent from my iPhone using Smackatalk

The engine does run pretty quiet. the fuel pump on the other hand is loud as hell and the exhaust has a pretty good sound, but not at idle.

Now I need to get a fan shroud built before I chop my hand off.

any new news? that TV cable adjustment is critical to the life of the trans. I burned one up when a bushing broke in the linkage and allowed it to be off. I was driving on a 200 mile trip and didn't notice until I cam to a stop. Anyway, when I put another trans in it I adjusted it for FIRM shifts and a little higher rpm shifts. Basically tricking it into thinking I was floor-boarding it all the time.

No news yet. I've got it at a local shop and they have been to busy to look at it yet.

My favorite car show and cruise night is this weekend and I was really hoping it would be done.

Oops.

I pulled out my back seat cushion to get at the area were the exhaust hangers bolt in. I wasn't thinking and set it on a stack of tires. Now it has an imprint from the tires on it.

Oh well. It needed a a respray any way. It is pretty yellow.

27aaf2891cff04967a796acbb153bb89.jpg

f6e1f7f648a2baf9c364c1d4a1107f95.jpg

6960c0f03c27d21a8d340d50f726f838.jpg

Back