• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 67 fastback build

that's where I am on the 65. Everytime I go in the garage and look at it, I think, man that needs a lot of work. And I do something else... :chair

Worked on the Isuzu steering box today. Got a guy to weld the pitman (just tacked to check fitment). Mocked up the steering components. Still some testing to do on it and some new parts to order from John. Steering test fit almost complete, then on to :dun

Bill

Tore the suspension back off to try to finish up the engine bay. Completed the Arning drop and welded up the old holes. Started adding the inner tower reinforcements also.
022_zps0e5f22b8.jpg

021_zps4e775693.jpg

020_zpse1bc6ff1.jpg

019_zpsdbfcfef7.jpg

Bill

It was something to do. My buddy was suppose to show up with his 220 mig, but got busy. So, I didn't want to waste the day.

Bill

I need to borrow that template for the 68 towers on my 65! Before you get rid of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"cmayna" said:
Huh? Are we talking a drop template? Craig, you have 68 towers on a 65?

If not that template won't work. 67-70 drop 1" strait down. 65-66 drop 1" down and 1/8" back.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks yawl!!!
Yes, yes i do have 68 shock towers in the 65!!! In fact I have the whole front frame clip from a 68 on the 65.

"tarafied1" said:
Thanks yawl!!!
Yes, yes i do have 68 shock towers in the 65!!! In fact I have the whole front frame clip from a 68 on the 65.

Dr FrankenMustang

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
I've got copies of both drops too if you want to swing by on one of the trips to the airport.
thanks. I need to bring the whole car over for some welding 101 lessons!

Been working on reinforcing the shock towers. Not quite sure why I wanted to do this, but love the way it turned out. It should be super strong. My buddy and I made this makeshift dolly to trailer the car down to his house so he could burn these in with his 220 Mig.
DSC00044_zps5fd1575f.jpg

Here's the reinforcements from Steve @ sellersrodshop.
DSC00045_zps25cba6f9.jpg

DSC00046_zps0014c5f0.jpg

DSC00047_zps325313ff.jpg

DSC00048_zps281412c2.jpg

Bill

Back