• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I need help from the F250 guys

Confused because you think all 7.3's are the same. By simply calling them 7.3's when the powerstrokes are distinctly different.

You cannot tune an older 7.3. The aftermarket simply has very little for them.

When talking about variable turbo's and tuning a 7.3 and not keeping a 7.3 stock all clearly indicate a Powerstroke.

For those that don't know this stuff it is misleading.

I like my 94 turbo-diesel as slow as it is and as unmodifiable as it is. It is CHEAP to repair. I LOVE the way it sounds. It is awesome :) My 93 F250 diesel does not sound the same.

I do? Where do you get that from? I figured since I stated specific hp/tq numebers, it'd be pretty obvious to anyone involved in the conversation, as to which one I was talking about. Not a single person here has referenced a pre 99 truck. Well nobody, but you.

Geez guys....no need to get the knives out.

If you are not going to be accurate when you write stuff expect someone like me to clarify it for you. I was nice about it at least.

No need to be an azz Mark.

Not being an ass, just hate when anyone starts flinging crap around.

You have good points about the pre 99 engines, but to accuse us of disinformation or being "confused" is disingenuous.

If you are not going to be accurate when you write stuff expect someone like me to clarify it for you. I was nice about it at least.

Quote the post with innacurrate information. I mean, if you're going to make such a statement, I want to see the post with the inaccurate information.

I mean, I can be like that too, if that's the game.

Confused because you think all 7.3's are the same. By simply calling them 7.3's when the powerstrokes are distinctly different.

You cannot tune an older 7.3. The aftermarket simply has very little for them.

When talking about variable turbo's and tuning a 7.3 and not keeping a 7.3 stock all clearly indicate a Powerstroke.

For those that don't know this stuff it is misleading.

I like my 94 turbo-diesel as slow as it is and as unmodifiable as it is. It is CHEAP to repair. I LOVE the way it sounds. It is awesome :) My 93 F250 diesel does not sound the same.

Since I don't know what a "variable turbo" is, I'm going to assume you're referring to a variable geometry turbo. Funny thing is, you just used it as a reference on a 7.3, and the 7.3 never came with a variable geometry turbo.

Now it's your turn. Quote the innacurate information. It's a fun game. If you're not going to be accurate, expect someone like me to point it out.

Last edited:
I mean, I can be like that too, if that's the game.

I do not know if the 7.3 came with a variable vane turbo. The 6.0 did and is awesome when it is not coked up

Since I don't know what a "variable turbo" is, I'm going to assume you're referring to a variable geometry turbo. Funny thing is, you just used it as a reference on a 7.3, and the 7.3 never came with a variable geometry turbo.

Now it's your turn. Quote the innacurate information. It's a fun game. If you're not going to be accurate, expect someone like me to point it out.

Back