• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2018 StangFix Midwest Cruise-In

My car won't care if we go North, South, East or west. This all started with you in mind Craig so tailoring it to suit your availability is fine. If {.} is coming over from Iowa, and Mark from MI it probably makes sense to call my area (Chicagoland) the northern point and maybe head south a bit. It balances out the drive in for many. I can look at possible routes but could certainly take some old route 66 highway roads or such. Plenty of decent areas around both near and far which would make good drives.

Still waiting to hear if maybe Sgt Junior (Mark) and others are interested. If anyone is waiting to hear more details go ahead and chime in now. It will help to know where everyone would be coming in from to decide best options. If you have limited dates available share those too. We want to make this work for as many Fixers as possible.

Cool, I am honored! Well Chicagoland area being the Northern point would be easiest if my wife comes along. If I am on my own then I can be more flexible. I do like the route 66 idea. I have done parts of it going from Joliet to St Louis and most of it is still drive-able. There isn't a lot of goofy roadside attractions along that stretch but it is a nice drive. I'd be willing to line up against {.} at Joliet drag strip...

Cool, I am honored! Well Chicagoland area being the Northern point would be easiest if my wife comes along. If I am on my own then I can be more flexible. I do like the route 66 idea. I have done parts of it going from Joliet to St Louis and most of it is still drive-able. There isn't a lot of goofy roadside attractions along that stretch but it is a nice drive. I'd be willing to line up against {.} at Joliet drag strip...

Hell, I’ll drag the 6.7!

OK. Let's make an effort to get this thing organized. Pat and I are sure things provided we can find a suitable date. MI Mark (Skid), Craig and {.} are probables, again depending on date. Who else has interest? I'm thinking it might be best this be built around a weekend. Give guys time to drive in, do our thing and then head back home. Right? I'm thinking to make this as centrally located as possible we meet in my area. Craig is already driving the farthest and to go more north just adds on. This let's Mark just hook down around the lake as well to get here. {.} knows his way around.

We could do a group dinner somewhere one night. Take a cruise route the next day. Maybe find a local car gathering to attend as there are local cruise nights every night of the week around here. As I said before we could have a BBQ at my place and drink a few beers. Whatever. Makes little difference to me. What do you guys say? Who else is in?

Here are my weekends that are free.

Aug 24
Sept 7
Sept 14
Oct 5
Oct 19
Oct 26

I make no guarantees now that this little guy will be here.

b94160d734dc23102a89dbbbccb9876d.jpg

Mark

I'm pretty open to anything. Cookout and cruise.

Just as long as it's not until September, and not labor day weekend.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Ok. We need to narrow down a date here. So we can book some hotels tentatively.

I'll throw out Sept 14-16th as my pick. Still nice enough for top down weather.

But I'm totally fine with the first 2 weeks in Oct if everyone would prefer.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Do we want to extend the invite to other forums?
Have someone in mind? I guess it depends on what this ends up being. If we are just going to get together to knock back a few beers and fire up the grill at my house one day coupled with a cruise the next day, likely best to keep it "family". If it becomes more maybe. Thoughts?

Back