• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

128th Semi-Annual StangFix Knotts Weekend 2015

I think this is the year we start the tradition of a cream pie in the face for the long distance award.:eek::rolleyes:

You be careful on your trip. I know you are experienced but springtime crossing the mountains isn't easy sometimes.

Oh yeah, I'm going to have to watch it for sure. "Experienced" is a relative term anyways and I wouldn't call myself that when it comes to managing icy mountain passes in a vintage car.

I am going to take Colorado Springs south to Albuquerque and then west from there to avoid the bad passes. As long as there isn't a ton of snow in the pass to the west of the Springs (where I'm coming from) I will be okay. Only adds an hour to my drive time thankfully as I am already looking at a 11 hour drive on Thursday and a 6 hour drive on Friday to get my butt there! And this way I guess I get to cruise more of Route 66... again... for hours and hours and hours o_O

If there's a ton of snow on the ground at that time I won't be coming and will give my ticket to someone else if possible. Roads must be clear! This car has already been totaled once and I won't risk her.

Most of the snow is gone now. It has been too hot for it to stay on the roads. Yes it is in the mountains, but the roads are all clear. We are working in 2WD Ford rangers and frequent the ski resorts. No issues at all.

Mel

Mike/Bill: Not sure if you are counting us for Amber Waves on Sunday. Please do so if you've not already.

Take their advice and use your tax refund to send me Portillos...lets say on a monthly basis.:)o_O

two weeks away and I am quickly running out of time to tackle a few repairs that need attention!

two weeks away and I am quickly running out of time to tackle a few repairs that need attention!
Right there with you just got the intake manifold back on this afternoon, should have the motor buttoned up and timed and tuned by EOD Saturday...

trying to finish up my engine bay.... the new fan shroud is giving me fits, if nothing else I will take it off, nothing will keep me from Knotts'!!

Mmmmm I'm in the SAME situation.......I need to top off the fuel. Urrrghhh!!! wil it ever end?:eek::D:rolleyes:

I have a couple small water leaks that I have been chasing forever....finally found them where the timing cover meets the oil pan. Now do I try to fix them before Knotts....or just keep driving it?

I have a couple small water leaks that I have been chasing forever....finally found them where the timing cover meets the oil pan. Now do I try to fix them before Knotts....or just keep driving it?

I thought you were trailering it?:(

I am. But we want to be able to cruise with you all on Saturday! At this point it may just keep leaking a bit!

Still trying to get this carb dialed in and the motor in a great state of tune... Had to swap out a cantankerous needle and seat last night that just wouldn't seal, couldn't get the float level down in the primary bowl, but I think I am over that hump now...

water, who needs water?!?! I'm just trying to get my head screwed on (not even straight!)>........

Some serious wrenching is going to happen this weekend!

Back