• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wheel hub/bearings

tarafied1

My 07 is lowered which causes it to have negative camber. About 3 degrees. This is wearing out my tires of course. It’s not horrible but they are wearing uneven. Anyway I had a vibration so I bought new wheel hub/bearings. They are Ford Performance. The wheel studs are really long. They are ARP studs. Is this a racing thing? Why do they need to be so long? And what lug nuts should I use?
5677026b0c3e8c18a6c6bd5cef2c8d1b.jpg

a42bf60579f0ed9d586b2ca75211504c.jpg

1a000d3b99aabd0ef52e419e3f34e092.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 07 is lowered which causes it to have negative camber. About 3 degrees. This is wearing out my tires of course. It’s not horrible but they are wearing uneven. Anyway I had a vibration so I bought new wheel hub/bearings. They are Ford Performance. The wheel studs are really long. They are ARP studs. Is this a racing thing? Why do they need to be so long? And what lug nuts should I use?
5677026b0c3e8c18a6c6bd5cef2c8d1b.jpg

a42bf60579f0ed9d586b2ca75211504c.jpg

1a000d3b99aabd0ef52e419e3f34e092.jpg

We don't do them OE for Ford (whew!).... it ain't Timken...... must be SKF.
Hard to believe you had problems; their stuff (bearings & hubs) = pretty good product.
Ford Racing doesn't buy hubs from us; the only other people that are likely is...... you guessed
it..... SKF.
ARP studs are a "race" deal. You only need the original length if you have original wheels on
your Mustang. The extra length is so that threads VISIBLY protrude on the outside of the wheel nut
(It's a requirement in most race sanctioning bodies' rule books).
Wheel lugs are the correct diameter/thread and seat that matches your rim design.
Isn't there an aftermarket camber/caster kit available that will let you get the right ft end alignment numbers?

I didn't have problems, I just didn't realize when I ordered them that the studs were longer. The description said it had ARP studs and did say they were 3" but I didn't pay attention to that. I'm okay with them being longer and I figured there was some reason like the rules for a sanctioning body. I have 07 Shelby GT500 wheels on it, nothing special. I am also going to get the camber/caster plates so I can align the front-end. I didn't check the alignment when I put the lowering springs on but after noticing the tread wear I took it in. They said there wasn't enough adjustment with the stock set-up. I ordered some BBK caster/camber plates from Summit. I just bought some regular lug nuts for now so I could put it back together but I'd like some chrome ones since you can see them. It handles great but tires are too expensive to chew up just the inside tread!

Last edited:
Make sure you compare/check the lugnuts you ordered against the stock ones. I know 94-04 use what's refered to as a Bulge acorn style lugnut.

Make sure you compare/check the lugnuts you ordered against the stock ones. I know 94-04 use what's refered to as a Bulge acorn style lugnut.

I ordered the ones recommended by the paperwork with the hubs. It’s Ford performance part number. Thanks

Back