• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Welcome sigtauenus

MarkStang

Just a friendly note of hello. I noticed a lot of new members today , welcome to you as well.

sigtauenus is a name I have recognized for a long time. Nice to see you found the Dark side. It is very very nice here and fits like an old sweatshirt.

+1 - Welcome and tell us your woes.....though we might not listen due to eating too many cookies after our nap. :lol

Thanks guys. Good to be here. I'm pretty please overall and highly impressed with some of the features here. Some things I thought were "impossible" and yet here they are...

"sigtauenus" said:
Thanks guys. Good to be here. I'm pretty please overall and highly impressed with some of the features here. Some things I thought were "impossible" and yet here they are...

Do tell........what are you referring to?

I really like the links at the top for "Show unread posts since last visit." and "Show new replies to your posts." I like the consolidated build thread forum and the vendor review forum. Those have been asked for many, many times in the past at "other" places I frequent.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but after you spend some time on a forum, you get to know people and their personalities just like you would if you hung out at work, the gym or church. Sometimes you know them even better than some of your more "normal" yet superficial relationships. Having a place (and relatively private - password protected) to have normal everyday discussions, such as the traditional taboo sex, politics, and religion topics, just like you would with friends at the bar, is a nice feature. And along those lines, one of the things I enjoy is genuine discourse, not just everybody spouting the same opinion, but getting to know and understand other contrasting opinions. (Because you really have to understand the how and why somebody thinks something in order to clearly articulate to them how and why they are wrong.)

The coolest thing though, is that this is like going to a reunion and meeting up with people you lost touch with and didn't really know how to get ahold of. There is a comforatable familiarity with all the names here.

That's a pretty good summation. Good info too.

We like to include members in some of the planning around here. We listen to peoples ideas and act accordingly. Like the Newb board,
not a unique idea but a damn good one and the timing could not have been better.

We all appreciate you taking a moment to comment on things we consider normal operation.

Thanks

Back