• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So after the Trailer Trash Tour...Rt66

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So I'm a planner. I planned out the Trailer Trash Tour of the Southwest. After that I'm looking at doing Route 66 east bound in the Vette. I have a route book which notes all the turns/roads to take.
So I'm planning out the route on GPS/PC to download to my GPS. What is very clear to me is that most of the route now is on I-40 frontage roads. If it was a lone road going off a distance through small towns it would be great but no. The roads are literally spitting distance from I-40 and other Interstates changing from the north side to the south....back and forth.
The route book notes all the sights to see along the route so I think I'll be re-planning the route. Where 66 is on frontage roads I'll take the interstate. I'll take the small roads into small towns.

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of '66, especially in the southwest, is just I-40.

However there is a lot of cool stuff to see off the interstate - Kingman, Seligman, Williams, and Holbrook are all really cool towns to visit with a lot of interesting stuff to see. And of course there is Winslow where you can go stand on a corner!

IMG_3077.JPG

Edit-0545.jpg

Edit-0116.jpg

Edit-7396.jpg

Edit-7313.jpg

Yep been to those all already on the bike. So I'll see them again. TTT will be going through Winslow and Williams also.

Back