• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rally Pac Wires

timbeam

I cracked open my Rally Pac today to trace the wires back since mine aren't the colors on any of the Ford diagrams. It also looks like it must be one if the early reproductions, I don't think they had chips like this on the circuit boards in '66. Seeing the wires at the circuit board provided little to no insight though.

I am thinking the colors are the more typical ones used for aftermarket tachometers. Maybe green is to the coil side, red to the ignition switch side, then the white and black are for the bulb??? Aren't those what Sun or Stewart-Warner typically use?

This is an aftermarket RP, so it does not follow the conventional Ford wiring scheme. I suggest you contact Drake Industries (which I believe makes this) and ask for technical support.

I was thinking mine might pre-date the Scott Drake repos. I've had it since 2001. I remember someone having mentioned "Blue Oval Industries"...? There was a old post on the VMF that someone remembered Dallas Mustang making some years ago. That would make sense for my car... I am hitting up Drake and BO and see if they reply:)

Last edited:
Dunno which wiring diagrams you were looking at. My '66 diagram shows the red and black are for the tach and the white/blue stripe are for the light. Unfortunately I don't see the green listed for it though.

Dunno which wiring diagrams you were looking at. My '66 diagram shows the red and black are for the tach and the white/blue stripe are for the light. Unfortunately I don't see the green listed for it though.
You're right, if the tach was factory original but this one is not. I'd guess that the red and black and tach leads, and the green and white are for the lamp. However, if this is a voltage-sensing tach, there's one tach lead to the coil, another for power, and a third for ground.

Red....power
Black.....ground
White....lights
Green....coil

That is pretty much the standard setup for old tachs.....all the different setups from my younger years in life....if memory is any good.

I was over at Dallas Mustang and Chris, that has been there for years, verified that my Rally Pac is one of the reproductions that they made back in the 90's. He used to build them.

Back