• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Pumpkin Rolls

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
These were served by a lady at a meeting today, and were absolutely delicious!

Pumpkin Roll Cookies

Batter

2/3 cup pumpkin
3 eggs
1 c sugar
1t baking soda
1/2 t cinnamon
3/4 c flour
1/3 c crushed nuts

Mix all ingredients together except nuts. Grease cookie sheet. Layer with wax paper, then grease the wax paper. Spread batter on wax paper and sprinkle nuts on top. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, until done. (I hold back about 1/6 of each batch to make an extra roll and reduce the cooking time to 12-14 minutes.) When done invert on cloth towel that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar. This prevents sticking. Remove wax paper. Roll lengthwise. Let cool for 30 minutes or longer. Then unroll and spread with filling.

Filling

2T oleo or butter softened
1 8oz package creme cheese
3/4 t vanilla
1 c powdered sugar

Mix until smooth. Divide in half and spread 1/2 on an unrolled pumpkin roll. Reroll and wrap in foil. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve. Freezing is better. Slice (while frozen) to desired thickness.

Note: If you roll in the other direction, this will make a dessert slice that can be served with ice cream or whipped topping.

:rulz Need pictures!

Sounds good but I need to wait until I am off this diet to have anything with sugar (which is almost everything).

Back