• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project of the Month

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
From August we had some projects nominated. They will be in October's poll, anymore projects out there?

index.php

index.php

index.php

Fst Blk

1386799725_zps8027a1a6.jpg

DSC00044_zps5fd1575f.jpg

1338058341.jpg

0092.jpg

RyanG85

fd

What about your car, John (Ponyman66)? I don't remember seeing too many pictures of yours...

What about your car, John (Ponyman66)? I don't remember seeing too many pictures of yours...
I appreciate the thought. All of my pics were lost (AGAIN!), during the recent swap over. I haven't taken the time to repost them (AGAIN!.....I guess you're all sensing some frustration there?!). I haven't been able to even touch my car in the past several months. The two dreaded "W" words (work and weather), have reeked havoc on any progress. Mine isn't even close to being in the running here!

A little background on mine....
It was my first car when I turned 16, I drove it around for just under 1000 miles the first summer before tearing it apart for a restoration. The pictures above show where it sits 23 years later..... The restoration stated out as an all original as it left the factory build, a white 6 cylinder 3 speed manual car. After about 3 years, the progress slowed down when it came to body work and other interest got in the way... The car got pushed aside with only small things done here and there. About 7 years later, I came across a 289, 4 speed and 8" rear drive train from a 65 mustang so my plans changed, I was going to make it a stock 289 4 speed car. I rebuilt and detailed the new drive train and worked on the car a little more until it came down to the body work again and my interest was lost. Again, the car got pushed aside and sat until a buddy who is a body man started hanging around my shop. I got him to start doing the body work and the interest in the car came back but what I wanted the car to be changed again. As it sits now, I did some slight mods to the 289, put a T5 from an 89 Mustang in, a hydraulic clutch, an 8.8 from a 94 Cobra with disk brakes in the rear, some 70 disk brake spindles up front, some 08 Mustang seats in, Power brake booster, Rack and Pinion steering, A/C and I'm sure alot I can't remember or have left to do. The engine is running and the body work is close to being done. The only things lacking at this point are time and money....

Sure Ryan, give some sob story to sway the vote! LOL! Here are pics that I could find of the rebuild.

Where she started

A little help from my friend THE Dave Sanborn

Deconstructed

Wooden Rotisserie

As she sits now

Going to be a tough month. Some great work going on with these cars.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Going to be a tough month. Some great work going on with these cars.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

You are catching on. That is my goal to always make it hard to pick the car of the month, or in this case the project of the month. :D

fd

Back