• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ordered My 2011 Mustang Today!!!

monkeystash

The waiting game begins. I ordered my 2011 Mustang GT today. It is scheduled to be built in late August, so I should have it sometime in September...hopefully. I'd love to have it in time for MBIII. Order sheet and "look at me" attached.

Sweeeet, Brembo brakes, electric power steering, a 6 speed tranny and Racer RED! So how come the rear spoiler delete...to flashy?

"ZFORCE" said:
Sweeeet, Brembo brakes, electric power steering, a 6 speed tranny and Racer RED! So how come the rear spoiler delete...to flashy?

Exactly, I like my cars clean and simple.

ConGrats on the order :) I know what you mean on the waiting it took almost 3 months to get ours BUT when she Finlay get home it Will be well worth the wait.Can't wit to see some pictures of your pride and joy when she gets home.

Does Ford have a web cam where you can see your car being built? I thought I heard some MFG. had one.??

"ZFORCE" said:
Does Ford have a web cam where you can see your car being built? I thought I heard some MFG. had one.??

I wish. No, but they have a pretty good computer system which gets updated every time the car moves to another station, like paint, assembly, shipping ramp, train car, etc. Consumers don't have access to this system, but my salesman updates me every time the status changes.

As of today, mine is awaiting shipment on the train ramp.

The second hardest thing about a new Mustang is breaking it in. However I will start off by saying the break in procedure can be argued just like what is better automatic or manual, Fastback or Convertible, 1/4 mile or the track and so on and so on. Myself I drove mine easy for the first 1000 miles and changed the oil and filter at the point and then found out just how fast it is. So if you choose to "break her in", it can be hard at times. A friend wants a ride in your new Mustang so what are you going to do? Like I say the break in can be the second hardest thing that you do with you new Mustang.

fd

"FordDude" said:
The second hardest thing about a new Mustang is breaking it in. However I will start off by saying the break in procedure can be argued just like what is better automatic or manual, Fastback or Convertible, 1/4 mile or the track and so on and so on. Myself I drove mine easy for the first 1000 miles and changed the oil and filter at the point and then found out just how fast it is. So if you choose to "break her in", it can be hard at times. A friend wants a ride in your new Mustang so what are you going to do? Like I say the break in can be the second hardest thing that you do with you new Mustang.

fd

Yeah, I'm planning a break in. We'll have to see how that goes, lol.

I do not believe there is any "break in" of new Fords. On my '07 I had, the dealer told me no break in required....drive it like you stole it.... There is no break in oil used either..... Same with my '10 Focus.

"AzPete" said:
I do not believe there is any "break in" of new Fords. On my '07 I had, the dealer told me no break in required....drive it like you stole it.... There is no break in oil used either..... Same with my '10 Focus.

Pete, straight from the owner's manual. However, the one I test drove definitely had no break in, lol.

BREAKING-IN YOUR VEHICLE
Your vehicle does not need an extensive break-in. Try not to drive
continuously at the same speed for the first 1,000 miles (1,600 km) of
new vehicle operation. Vary your speed frequently in order to give the
moving parts a chance to break in.
Drive your new vehicle at least 100 miles (160 km) before performing
extended wide open throttle maneuvers and at least 1,000 miles
(1,600 km) before towing a trailer or before performance/competition
conditions. For more detailed information about towing a trailer, refer to
Trailer towing in the Tires, Wheels and Loading chapter.

"blue65coupe" said:
Ryan, what's the word?

Patience is not one of my better virtues. My car has been in ATL for 3 days, but hasn't made it to the dealer yet. Yes, I stalked my car the entire time. Tracked the rail car through CSX, but now it waits in a rail yard for a truck to transport it 25 miles to the dealer. The trucks do run over the holiday weekend, I checked that too. I go back to work Wed, so I'm sure I'll get the call then, sigh...

Back