• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New MTF 65-66 E-kit

mustangstofear

We are putting the finishing touches on the nose of our new 65-66 body kit and thought we would post some pics. We will have the first one done by the Ohio Ford Super Swap the first weekend in April. The nose is done and they are starting to work on the rest of it.

Mock up stage. This is not the grille that goes with it but the same size.

DSC08310.jpg

What we had to trim off our original 67-68 nose to make a new mold for 65-66.

DSC08308.jpg

Front shot during mock up. Not the final pic.

DSC08304.jpg

Final plug work and ready for the mold to be made.

IMG_5781.jpg

IMG_5783.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:yah

Is the front going to be one whole piece or 2 separate pieces?

Is it just the pictures or does the nose look longer, more like a 67/68 nose? :confu

Kat, it is one piece just like our 67-68 style. What you are looking at is the 67-68 modified to fit the 65-66 model, that was quite the job to make it fit. Rich.

great idea! going to look good :thu what are you thinking about for a hood? have to make a new mold for a hood?

We are building 2 hoods, the low profile E-hood and our new 67 style. This will require longer hoods, a standard hood will not fit our nose. Rich.

Rich, what building is your booth going to be in and are you going to be at the Ohio swap meet yourself? I will be there Saturday. Will you have any 65-66 floor consoles there . I would really like to see one and see if they are wide enough to put a din style radio in and some gauges.

We are not sure what building we will be in. I just posted some pictures on some of the consoles we do on eleanormustangforum.com. I have already done a double din, What that was a lot of d's. I will have a 65-66 console there. My cell# 574 835 5702. We are in the Multi purpose building. Rich.

I have a question about the hoods, since it's getting a little closer for me to be able to buy one to go with my MTF e-nose. :thu

Do you use hood pins with the MTF hoods or does a stock hood latch work?

We just got the rear spoiler, end caps and the rear bumper done and they are delivering them this week. We still have to finish the hood and the nose. It has taken a lot longer than expected.

Back