• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Nashville TN area 30th annual Mustang and All Ford Show and Opentrack 9/18-19/09

Jonk67

Hi all, here's a link to our clubs 30th Annual Mustang and All Ford Show at the Nashville Super Speedway Sept. 19, 2009, there is also an Opentrack event Sept. 18-19, 2009 during the show. Hope to see some of ya'll there...My '67 won't be ready but we'll be showing my wifes '09 Warriors In Pink, can't miss it > black with rose pink stripes and a glass roof, say hi if you see us.
http://www.musiccitymustangclub.org/

Thanks, Jon

Jon,
I'll be there! Will look for that Warrior in Pink car, my wife wants one of those!
Craig aka the TARA-fied 1

thanks, yeah it should be a good time. I've gone before but not with my car. this will be it's first time out there. Last year a guy in a Supercharged 04 Saleen that I never met before offered me a ride around the track! It was great. If I knew how to post a vid, I would show you a lap or two around the Nashville Super Speedway in an 04 Saleen! here is a picture of us getting ready to go out onto the track from pit road.
72_18_09_09_11_09_27.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Nashville TN area 30th annual Mustang and All Ford Show and Opentrack 9/18-1

"tarafied1" said:
thanks, yeah it should be a good time. I've gone before but not with my car. this will be it's first time out there...

So you're gonna drive your Mustang on the track for the first time, huh?! Time to pass the crack pipe... it only took one outing to get me hooked on open track driving... sounds like you could be the next victim!!!
[move]:gobp[/move]

Hoping to get my wife to drive her car for the 'parade' lap at noon, I heard last year the pace was doing 80mph for the 'parade' lap. If she doesn't drive it I will. I'll try to get some pics on the track. There's supposed to be a photograher that gets a pic of your car rounding the high bank curve for framing.
Still hoping the rain avoids us also, but it's at 60%, that may scare away some of the guys that don't drive in the rain/convertables.
Jon

Well I just got home, I had a blast. We got to run 3 laps. I pushed my car pretty hard, it was a blast!!! I'm hooked. Gonna have to start opentracking! My car handled much better than I thought it would. It pushes and it felt like the front tires were rolling right off the rims in the chicane but I could correct it with the throttle.
Got to meet Jon too, it was cool. Gonna have to get together some more.
Anyway, here are a couple pics I snapped.
72_19_09_09_5_11_30_0.jpg

72_19_09_09_5_11_30_1.jpg

72_19_09_09_5_11_31_2.jpg

72_19_09_09_5_11_31_3.jpg

72_19_09_09_5_11_31_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Nashville TN area 30th annual Mustang and All Ford Show and Opentrack 9/18-1

Very cool, looks like a pretty good turnout too :mj

Hey Craig, great to meet you, looks like we were taking pics of each others cars at the same time, that's why we couldn't find each other! Parade pass was a blast, my first, I think I broke 90 in the WIP, no need to tell the misses...
If anyone is into country, this is the '69 used in the Keith Urban video Sweet Thing along with Keiths modded one, owners are in our MCMC club:
IMG_2385.jpg

Craigs engine, I couldn't get it out before he returned....
IMG_2390.jpg

The Saleen club was there in full, looked like all years, even '05>
IMG_2386.jpg

Another shot of the Mach/Boss/Mach line up and background:
IMG_2388.jpg

Had a blast, look forward to next year when my '67 should be on the track!
Jon

Back