• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang-only car show last weekend

Sorry to hear you have fallen out of love with the 70. It happens, I guess. More surprised you feel it can't be a reliable car for you. There are plenty of cars that age and older that still serve as daily drivers to this day. Plenty of older guys would even try to convince you they are more reliable than that modern electronic shit made today. :D

FWIW, I hop in mine as much as possible be it for a quick trip to the store to pick up milk or a three hour drive to visit family. I've long moved past the point I really even think about its reliability. This even after an abrupt alternator death some weeks ago.
It's probably just dealing with 2 old cars and 1 runs and drives. I might as well cash in the one with value and beat the hell out of the one I have short cash in. It would be nice to not have to leave the 90 out in the driveway also.

This is my exact situation. My 70 is 99.9% complete. What's left is tuning, which I suck at. I just don't have the time or ambition to go out and do it. I've been working so long on this car that I now dislike it. My 90 is just so much more enjoyable.

I'm finding someone to do the tuning on the 70, then it's getting sold. At least with the 90, I can fire it up for a quick trip to the grocery store. The 70 will never be that car.
I can sympathize. At one time the 67 was a semi daily driver. The paint got messed up, stereo quit, no PS, now the AC quit and the carb is leaking.

I've fallen head over heels for the 18 GT350. It is where the 67 was the first time I finished it.

If I knuckle down and do it again I know I'll love it again. Get the AC working and I will probably drive it to work.

Maintaining four cars sucks though. Right now all four need something done then add the four wheelers and mower need some work and I am overwhelmed.

There are days I want to just sell everything but the Shelby and start over. (Including the house that needs updating)

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I can sympathize. At one time the 67 was a semi daily driver. The paint got messed up, stereo quit, no PS, now the AC quit and the carb is leaking.

I've fallen head over heels for the 18 GT350. It is where the 67 was the first time I finished it.

If I knuckle down and do it again I know I'll love it again. Get the AC working and I will probably drive it to work.

Maintaining four cars sucks though. Right now all four need something done then add the four wheelers and mower need some work and I am overwhelmed.

There are days I want to just sell everything but the Shelby and start over. (Including the house that needs updating)

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I've got a guy who's going to take my car and get it over the fianl hurdle next week. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much. I really want to start the dozens of little projects on the 90.

But I know what you mean. I've got a 2017 Mustang GT. Night and day.

I understand the feeling.

Six years ago I got rid of 5 of my Mustangs because it was too much to keep up (3 were projects). Still with a 68 Mustang,, 59 f100, a newish Honda, 2 Fram trucks that are puhing 20 years, 2 tractors, a ridding lawn mower and 3 John Deere Gators, I feel I am always doing maintenance. Starting to feel like I need to downsize again.

Back