• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Look what followed me home

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
You guys that have been around here forever should have a pretty good idea if you happen to recall what I've always said would be my ideal garage trifecta.

IMG_1829.jpg

My first question is why are you awake and towing a project car at o'dark thirty on a Saturday?
Congratulations on your latest acquistion, Terry. Looking forward to more pics later today ;-D

Well, why I was up pre-dawn today (which I am every damn day :mad:) I actually took that pic late Wednesday night. One has to be ready to act quick when the right deals present themselves.

Anybody able to identify the thing?

As 90+ year old cars go, it is really clean. The full subframe is still present and ahead of the quarters appears near perfect. Doors don't need any patching. Solid bottoms which is crazy. All the original wood is intact and not rotted at all. Been searching practically daily for a number of years and FINALLY this one popped up and I was able to grab it. Stoked. Have to stash it away for now as I need to get the F1 done but hope to get started on this one within a year.

I love the 32 models, especcially like the one in american graffiti .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

I love the 32 models, especcially like the one in american graffiti .
The market on a real '32 is out of my budget range this go around and I'm not willing to sell something to make it work. Besides, I've always loved the 30/31's. Looking forward to chopping my first top! Now I just need to settle in on what's going to power it...

This is about as close as I could find to the look I'm after. I've got a few other wrinkles in mind but the chop and stance on this are about on point.

14.JPG

I almost bought a 31 pickup two years ago. I had a desire for years until I went to look at one fairly close. After driving it, I realized it was not for me.

Congrats on finally finding one!

I almost bought a 31 pickup two years ago. I had a desire for years until I went to look at one fairly close. After driving it, I realized it was not for me.

Congrats on finally finding one!
As a car nut I love mustangs but also the 32's and cobra's. But due to , on one side drive comfort and driving position behind the wheel , I stayed with the mustang which is hard enough for me. Late 90's I bought a 75 corvette and sold it 2 years later , after making it driveble , due to the lack of space behind the steeringwheel. I couldn't move the seat back more .

Terry , to chop this thing is gonna be interesting. There are special technics to apply by such an operation. But first that F1 I guess.

Terry , to chop this thing is gonna be interesting. There are special technics to apply by such an operation. But first that F1 I guess.
As chops go, Model A's are fairly straight forward. All the posts are straight vertical so in general, you simply cut out the desired amount and let the top drop down. It's not quite that simple but it's not far off. If you get really aggressive and want to remove more than say 4" then lots of other stuff start to come into play. I'm not going for that windshield slit look at all.

There is just a good amount of measuring and welding. And more measuring and welding involved. This is the project where the TIG and I will finally need to become as one. MIG is great for all the fab work and heavy gauge frame and suspension stuff I've been doing. Not so much sheet metal. At least when compared to TIG.

Anyway, off for the garage where a truck awaits me

Back