• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I'm back for a while(flooded 67)

Dne'

Hi, I'm dne', it's been a while since I've been here. On Aug.26th we were flooded by Harvey, or the army corps of engineers. We've since moved from our location at kirkwood/memorial and now live in Cypress, Tx. It's taken several months, but we're finally getting to a point of normal.
We were fortunate that we were able to sell our flooded property which gave us operating funds to move. Otherwise, we'd still be living in an apartment or wherever. Many folks are still living with uncertainty in that area.
My 67 Mustang, which I'm starting to think more about~ it had insurance and now has a flooded title, but was totally under flood waters for 2 weeks. I wasn't able to get to the engine/trans/diff to drain them, so not sure where I'm going with this, but I'll soon start a build thread when I get the Stang back here from storage.
I'll leave it at this~ I'll be back.
Dne' ;)

you can just make out the water line on the Triumph just above the tail light. Luckily, I've just about finished with it; just ready for a test drive and get a new exhaust soon. ;)
TR under.jpg

Oh my....I can't even imagine. That pic is sickening. Looking forward to news of its rebirth.

Thanks guys, it's been a struggle, but we're doing ok now. I'm rather excited to get on the mustang, it'll be a slow go, but that's fine.

Thank you Dale!
Today was a great day! I got to take my TR/mx for its official spin!! first real time since the flood. IT was only "half" flooded, but was still alot of work!! There's still more to do, but I'm over the hump on this one! The reason it's a TR/mx, I installed a 1.8 miata mated to a 5 speed transmission and a nissan differential. AC I might add! IT's an awesome car!
dne' ;)

Not usually my kinda thing but that looks/sounds like a very fun car to drive. Well done!

That is really hard to see. I can only imagine what you went through with the rest of the house and what you've lost.

Welcome back! Didn't you have an a 50s truck too?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Glad to see you back. Sorry for the flood. That kinda thing just sucks!

I'm sure you'll be thorough and do a great job on your mustang. Look at it this way, you get a do over.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

glad to see you are still around! sad about the Mustang!!! But like your first build thread, i look forward to read about it again! The Triumph is cool.

Glad you are OK. Since I am in Dallas and occasionally in Houston, give me a holler sometime. I be glad to help if I can.

When you are past the tear apart stage and to the I need parts stage, If I have it, it is yours.

Wow...not sure how I would have handled that situation. Can't imagine. Glad to see you are doing well and in good spirits after what you have been through.

Back