• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Drove a 2011 GT today...WOW!

monkeystash

I've been wanting a new Mustang for a while, and when this 2011 was released I just knew this was the time. I started my process today with a dealer and salesman recommended by my Mustang club. He gave me a 3 hour demo on the car and the ordering process, going above and beyond a typical test drive. I was impressed. The car is absolutely amazing. It is refined, quiet, comfortable, and crazy fast. I drove one with a 6 speed manual, 3.73s, and Brembo brakes. This car more than met my expectations. I am waiting for the mid-year changes and updates, which happen after 8/16/2011, as it always scares me to buy a first year model. I should be able to order the car mid to late July, so it gets built after 8/16. I can't wait! Pics of the car I test drove today:

Congrats.....they are nice. I just have not gotten used to the angle of the tail lights....guess over time, like anything else, I will get used to it.

"RyanG85" said:
Sweet, How are you ordering yours... color/options?

I've changed my mind several times, but as of today...

GT premium coupe
Race Red
Brick Red 401A interior
6 speed manual
Brembo brakes
3.73 gears
Comfort package (heated seats)
spoiler delete

"AzPete" said:
Congrats.....they are nice. I just have not gotten used to the angle of the tail lights....guess over time, like anything else, I will get used to it.

That is most people's main complaint, so you aren't alone. That and the black "diaper" under the rear bumper cover. The one I drove today was Sterling Gray, which I know you are fond of Pete. That color is just gorgeous when the sun hits it!

I like the red interior but with a different exterior than red. I guess it would be to much red for me. I tried to get the black '07 Vert we had converted to a red interior. Almost had a dealer to swap but they decided it was to much work.

I have been leaning towards the grays lately.....I was surprised at the sterling gray on my Focus....very nice color.

"AzPete" said:
I like the red interior but with a different exterior than red. I guess it would be to much red for me. I tried to get the black '07 Vert we had converted to a red interior. Almost had a dealer to swap but they decided it was to much work.

I have been leaning towards the grays lately.....I was surprised at the sterling gray on my Focus....very nice color.

My second choice: Sterling Gray with Red interior.

"monkeystash" said:

GT premium coupe
Race Red
Brick Red 401A interior
6 speed manual
Brembo brakes
3.73 gears
spoiler delete

Schwiiiing! I fricken LIKE it!

"AzPete" said:
I have been leaning towards the gays lately.....I was surprised at the sterling gray on my Focus....very nice color.
:ga :ga :ga :ga :ga :ga :ga :WP :WP :ga :ga :ga

"monkeystash" said:

GT premium coupe
Race Red
Brick Red 401A interior
6 speed manual
Brembo brakes
3.73 gears
spoiler delete

You have 2 things that I ordered on my 07, GT premium coupe and spoiler delete.
Now the waiting game...

fd

What will be the changes that come in August?

Saleen and Roush have come out with their '11 versions and so far they haven't even offered blowers on them.

The base GTs are really fine cars as they are.
It will be interesting to see how many of the specialty cars will sell in comparison.

"joesgt281" said:
What will be the changes that come in August?

As of 8/16 you can get yellow blaze tri-coat option, at $495. For the V6, you can get the performance package which gives you 19" wheels like the GT/CS and suspension and brakes from the GT. There are multiple parts changes for 8/16 also, many in the engine. This could be fixing a problem part or just changing suppliers, I don't really know. Here's a list of some of the parts changes:

Head assy (with valves, less cams)
Camshaft timing gears (Int./Ex.) (Cams aren't changed)
Vapor canister
Steering wheel airbag clock spring
Headlight wiring harness (again, all)
Various wiring harnesses
Fuse box mount bracket
Base model radio
Back up lamp switch (man. trans.)
Accessory belt tensioner
Engine coolant overflow hose
ABS control module
Brake master cylinder
LF and RF brake hoses
Illuminated door sill plates ("Mustang" only)
Door latch striker plate (again)
Brake pedal assy (man and auto)
Dash pad
Steering rack
Manual transmission (no details on which internals were changed)

There were also changes to:
The piston cooling nozzles as of April 9th.
The H-pipe changed May 10th.
The PCM as of mid-April (some ambiguity here)
Headlight wiring harness on May 10th (w halogens)
Headlight wiring harness on April 19th (w HIDs)
Positive battery cable on April 29th
Door interior trim panel (the hard plastic one) on Aug. 3rd
Door latch striker plate on Aug. 3rd

Back