• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Chicken tortilla soup

abrahamfh

Post number 1000, the pressure was on so why not use it on something delicious.

Ingredients:

65-1/2 oz Swanson's 100% Natural chicken broth
3 skinless/boneless chicken breasts
15 oz Del Monte tomato sauce
7-3/4 oz El Pato (Mexican hot style) tomato sauce
15-1/4 oz Del Monte Whole kernel corn
1/2 avocado per bowl
olive oil

Crack open your cans of Chicken Broth

84317858.jpg

Pour into a big soup pot between low and medium heat.

933d52ea.jpg

Cut the 3 chicken breasts into halves.

6a18c1f7.jpg

Get your frying pan out.

7903e42d.jpg

Season the chicken breasts as you wish and start cooking the chicken.

f924ba25.jpg

While the chicken is cooking, add the Del Monte tomato sauce and the El Pato tomato sauce to the pot which already contains the chicken broth.

f495a08c.jpg

6d14f152.jpg

4d74cb58.jpg

Since you are waiting on the chicken to cook you can make yourself some guacamole. I cheat, I pick up my favorite salsa molcajete and just add it to some avocado and mix it up. Yum!

7eadde7a.jpg

eb1be4bd.jpg

0b2da2b1.jpg

Once the chicken is 99% cooked you can cut it up, I like to cut it into cubes. Once the chicken is all cut up you can now add it to the pot with the chicken broth and tomato sauce and increase the heat to medium.
bdc4353b.jpg

1f2f1736.jpg

Allow the chicken to cook to 100% in the pot, and as it's cooking, begin to cook the corn in a small pot.
a3070252.jpg

d2f3c4f1.jpg

While everything is in the final cooking stages, take some corn tortillas and cut them into strips. Using a frying pan, add olive oil and begin to fry your tortilla strips.
76a01f91.jpg

a167ab26.jpg

Cut an avocado in half and place it in the bowl you will be serving the soup in, I usually like to cut the avocado into cubes so you dont have to cut it with your spoon as your eating.
2c143c83.jpg

Add the soup with chicken over the avocado, add the corn, and then top it all off with the crispy tortilla strips.
9c749040.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Abe,
You were making me so proud of you........until.......the avocado came into the picture. Now my wife.......LOVES avocado. So maybe you were doing this for her. No way for me!!!!

Happy 1000th post.

I am sooooo disappointed. A food post? Really???? and to top it off, there are NO boiled peanuts for an appetizer :wtf

Back