• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Buying a grill but can't figure on the size I want

So here's my review of the grill. Pics are in the other post. I'm going to be a harsh critic for sure. The outside structure of the grill as hot as it was held up well as did the paint. The grilling surface and fire surface was pretty darn hot. Hot enough to warp the surface initially but when it cooled no distortion was found. I probably need to add more oak to the fire. Smoke wise the oak produced significantly more smoke than the coals. The smoke flavor was nice and look forward to perfectly the craft on this grill. Was not to happy with the coals. My next one will use the lump coal and see the difference it makes.

Would I change anything now that it built? I might build a different grilling surface. Doing an Argentinian "V" grove model of the same size might be better, thicker and not have as much warping but that day won't be soon. The cover has been a trial and error to get a good fit to it. I'm hoping to be done with it in a couple of weeks. The granite cutting boards still are not done and it is the one down fall to the grill as it stands now. Not being able to place items down where I'd like it and not allowing my hands to be free to work the grill blows. I'd make the sign removable as well instead of welding it on. It would be easier to make the cover also then.

any way you could get a controller blower fitted into this beast? Something like this.

Pretty close to the finished product on the cover. Made from sunbrella fabric, CL Buy at 8/yd. I will be picking up the wheel section trying it on the have me finish sewing it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
with the cover on, it looks lik a shrine for the Garden Gnome that is on the Travelocity commercials. You might want to get one of those Gnomes - I think it would be a good addition to the equpment....

I brought it out in its glory to have my wife, who Never misses an opportunity to bring the man tumbling down, says oh look it's dads new Christmas tree. So I'm going to put LEDs on it in 7 months for her

Back