• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone use a Branda hood on a E car

Dave Stahl

I am considering using a 67 Shelby style louvered hood on my E-car vert project. Has any one used one? Do they fit? I am using the MTF nose and Rich at MTF says that Branda's hood is the right length but doesn't know if they fit? :hmm

Can't say that I know for sure but I have seen E cars with the Shelby hood. I used the Shelby grille and it fit. I'm guessing that you could make it work, FG needs work to fit right anyway so it shouldn't be anything major.

Well, I went ahead and bought a fiberglass specialties hood from national parts depot and I am pretty satisfied, so far. I have set it on the car without the hinges and the conture hood to fender is good and the length is the same as my Shelby's hood so I think, I am in business. :hmm I like the Shelby hood with the louvers. I am using a FE engine so would maybe help to dissipate heat

100_4225_1

Why do my pictures not post...too big?

http://davesmustangs.radfiles.net/67-vert/100_4225_1

100_4225_1.jpg

I like that hood, I should have used one like that. Looks like your car was a pretty well optioned, rust free car to start with. I like the tail light panel things.
100_3940.sized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, thanks for the help, I'll try that next time.

Yes it was a pretty well optioned car, although they forgot to upgrade the engine. For a CA car it was probably ok at sea level. Here in Colorado the thing couldn't get out of it's own way, I almost had to slip the clutch just to get it up my driveway.

Best thing about it was it was almost rust free.

Back