• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Alarm Systems

Aussie67

Hi. just wondering if anyone had one of these systems and if so are they any good? Just looking for a basic system to compliment the GPS tracker.

Viper 3305VR 2-Way Security System

Tony

Tony
I would look for a good/secure hood lock and a hidden switch that disconnect the ignition and/or electric fuel pump, or both with seperate switches.
And a gps tracker of course.
My 2 eurocent.

Thanks Bruno. I already have a hood lock and an immobiliser/ kill switch installed. The Viper system offers a notification if the car is being tampered with, which I think is an added benefit. We have one of the highest vehicle theft rates in Australia, so I don't want to become one of those people that won’t leave their car.

Anyway, bought one today so hopefully it proves worthwhile, even if its just a false sense of security/ peace of mind.

Thinking I might want to add a loud alarm to mine as well prior to the Power Tour. Hell, I may just sleep in the car instead of a hotel. The thought of having it sit in a parking lot all night is too much to even think about.

Take a look at the Viper, the notification/ pager is its best draw card I think. They say the range is around a mile, but I suspect its probably half that at best.

Thinking I might want to add a loud alarm to mine as well prior to the Power Tour. Hell, I may just sleep in the car instead of a hotel. The thought of having it sit in a parking lot all night is too much to even think about.
I feel your pain. I always try to get a ground floor room facing the parking lot. Even then I don't sleep much when it sits outside. If someone wants it bad enough, no alarm, immobilizer or ugly old dude sleeping in the front seat will stop them!

I feel your pain. I always try to get a ground floor room facing the parking lot. Even then I don't sleep much when it sits outside. If someone wants it bad enough, no alarm, immobilizer or ugly old dude sleeping in the front seat will stop them!
What about a strikingly handsome, fit, prime-aged man?

I try to park next to a nicer car...... ;)

Here they have a system called Lo-Jack, The police need to have a car with the same system but they sure can find it fast once reported.

Hi. just wondering if anyone had one of these systems and if so are they any good? Just looking for a basic system to compliment the GPS tracker.

Viper 3305VR 2-Way Security System

Tony
We installed the Viper # 3606V coupled with the Smart Start VSM350 module on Diane's Mach 1. This is a one way system that triggers a call to designated cell phones when the vehicle is moved while armed, and in all cases when the car leaves or enters designated fenced areas. While it does perform those functions, false alarms have been annoying. In the middle of the night last year at about 3:00 a.m. my phone went off telling me the car was travelling 120 mph off shore in the Pacific Ocean. At no time during this false alarm had the car left my garage in NorCal. Coincidentally at a recent gathering among fellow Stangfixers we had been talking about taking the Mustangs to Hawaii for an extended cruise. Not sure if the alarm had become impatient and tried to goose us along more quickly.

I think I would prefer to put up with some false alarms than have nothing. I can track the car with gps but that'after its gone....

Back